I LOVE tucking my kids to bed, it is a time when special heart talks take place and the rowdy, spunky, bouncing off the wall personalities settle down into quiet, calm, and peaceful sweetness. AND you never know where there little minds drift off too and what questions and statements are going to come out of their mouths! That being said below is a conversation between Griffin and I that took place after we were discussing his Mini-4H project "Farm Animals".
Little Farmer Tale #1
Griffin: You are a cow.
Mommy: Oh I am? So does that make you the little bull?
Griffin: No, I'm the little longhorn. You are the cow and you get bred! Just teasing!
***So if I wasn't married to the farmer and totally understand that my son is my husband's little clone...I might be a little offended being called a cow and shocked that he threw in that last part about being bred! But the fact that he is 5 AND he was putting that all together AND that one, of the farmer's jobs on this farm is breeding cows...I think he's a pretty smart whippersnapper to be correlating the animal family lines to the human family lines. Of note---we don't have any longhorns on this farm, that's just Griffin's favorite cow. He saw lots of them when we were in Texas and thinks they are the coolest animal.
Littler Farmer Tale #2
(Griffin and cousin, Connor, out in the cornfield this past Sunday)
Les: Griffin what are you doing out in the field?
Griffin: Checking on the corn!
Les: Well what do you think?
Griffin: It looks like it's got a good stand.
***He's just to big for his own britches I think! He's going to be pushing the farmers out of the planter seat before you know it!
And lastly I will end the post with his prayer for his sister, Natalie. While I was tucking Griffin to bed last night and doing his nightly devotion it was talking about praying and believing it will happen. Natalie came into the room and was not feeling well and said her "stomach hurt". So I asked Griffin if he'd like to pray for Natalie and he said sure...So I had Natalie come stand beside his bed and he reached out and put his hand on her tummy and started saying the below prayer:
Griffin: Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this beautiful day. Please help Natalie's stomach to feel better and please help her to be healthy and please Don't leat Natalie puke on me and please don't let Natalie puke on Mommy, and please don't let Natalie puke on Megan, and please don't let Natalie puke on Daddy. Amen.
***I asked if he believed God will heal her and he said Yes! And guess what Natalie went to sleep and felt better and she didn't puke, especially didn't puke on anyone...I'm glad Griffin added that in there! LOL.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Life with a Boy - My little farmer
Posted by Susie at 11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
sooo sweet!!!
so sweet!! i love when reece does his nighttime prayers...he usually prays for the mean boys at school to be nice. i love it! griffin is such a cutie!
Praise be to God that there was NO PUKE! What a little believer! Love you Griffey!!
He cracks me up!!! He reminds me so much of my nephew. Glad Natalie is feeling better too.
That is one smart little man, and funny too! I look forward to "life with a boy", especially after some of the stories you tell! :)
Post a Comment