Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Harvest Time!

When You see this big red machine
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 002
And this tractor and grain wagon coming through the field….
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 003
You know It’s going to make some little boys very happy!
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 011
My nephew, Alton, spent the day with  me yesterday, and couldn’t have been more thrilled that the combine was in the field by the house.  All day he said “let’s go see the farmers”.  My kitchen was out of commission due to some cabinet repairs being made, so I called Carrie and her little guy, Leo, (who happens to be just 1 day older than Alton) to meet us for lunch @ DQ,  followed by a combine ride!  Leo wasn’t quite sure about riding by himself so Carrie got to ride with Leo and Alton!  Check out Alton’s face, smiling from ear to ear!  Alton proudly sits on the cooler and chatted the entire time he was in the combine.   I’m sure he is an official “farmer” now.
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 009
Then it was time for the little boys to do some of their own farming.
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 014
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 013
Alton test driving tractors
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 015
He opted for the John Deere.  I’m sure his daddy is proud!
2011 Oct 3, Combine pics 016
I should have done some cropping/editing  to this photo, but I’m lucky to even get photos on the blog.  But I must say,  I love the shadows on the concrete of these sweet boys on their tractors.  Not much of a nap time today for these boys, there was too much farming to be done.   You know the saying “A Farmer’s work is never done!” 

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

love it!!

you need to post pics of your remodel!!

MamaDuck76 said...

So cute! I'll bet those little boys had big grins on their faces all day long :)

Tera said...

So cute! I agree...the shadows are adorable! Congrats to all of the runners in your family too! love Griffin's stories!

Amanda said...

Love these pictures, Susie! Nadine has told me about your kitchen, she said it looks like something in a magazine! I enjoy reading your posts :) Love to you all!

Holiday World

Family Fun