Friday, October 23, 2009

For the Love of Cousins!

OK so I visited over to the Graber Gab and saw these wonderful pictures of her boys playing with their older cousin and the love they have for each other just popped out of those pictures and it reminded me how BLESSED my own children are with their very own cousins and how much they LOVE them as well...so I had to blog about it too! I only have 1 first cousin....I know hard to believe with having the last name GRABER now but it's true...I had more sibilings than cousins and that 1 cousin lived 3 hours away so it wasn't very often we even got to visit. That being said I am so grateful and blessed for the cousins that my children have around them to grow up with! And the love they have for each other is just an added blessing on top of all that! Family is definitely something I don't take for granted knowing that it can all be taken away at a moment's notice. I am pretty sure that is why God allowed me to be marry Les who had 9 sets of aunts and uncles on his mom's side of the family and 9 sets of aunts and uncles on his dad's side...I don't even REALLY know how many cousins that adds up too...all I know is that my kids now have WAY too many cousins to count on both hands!! And they have 12 FIRST cousins that they see and visit with often and can't ever get enough of them!! So here a just a few pictures of glimpses of them sharing the love!! Here's the Heller cousin crew all together at Christmas last year..
Cassie & Natalie love hanging out together!



Natalie & Griffin lovin on their Chloe after she qualified for Regional! (btw she's running in semi-state tomorrow but she had a bit of a mishap with her ankle while running yesterday so pray she will be able to run her best!)

Griffin lovin on his Courtney after her CC Meet at UE last weekend!

The girls with their running hero Courtney after their Blue Chip Conference! Natalie won 1st place setting her best personal record of 12:06 and Megan won 3rd place setting her own personal record of 12:42 and that was running in the muddy, muddy, water covered coarse!! Yay girls! We were so proud of them and their team won 2nd place missing 1st place by only 7 pts! It was an awesome way to end their CC Season!

Another one of their big cousins, Jimmy, who they miss because he's away at college in PA!

Megan with one of her BFF cousins, Jessica, at the State Meet at Carmel, IN. Pretty cool they all got to run at the same meet!

Griffin with one of his FAV Cousins, Kyle, he's cool b/c he has guns to play with and also b/c Kyle is a BIG Football fan and griffin loves football!

Another sweetie pie, cousin, Alton, they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE playing with him! This day they were giving Alton tractor rides in the house!

They also love being with their cousin, Kaelyn, this was right before they went back to school and celebrated with a big chocolate chip cookie!

They also love Kaelyn's cousins too! Kaelyn brought her cousin Mikayla to cheer Megan & Natalie on at their last CC Meet! Aren't they the cutest little girls!

And they have WAY TOO MUCH FUN with Connor always! As you can tell he is a real buck-a-roo! This was at Texas Road House last weekend, we all went there after Courtney's meet to celebrate his 8th Birthday!! YEEE HAWWW!

Megan & Natalie were thrilled that they got to do a cool down run with Courtney on the University of Evansville course! They thought they were big stuff running with college girls!

You never know what will happen when they get together with cousins, for sure, silliness will insue, here they were all hiding and then pouncing out like pumas in the picture below! too funny!

Well when the girls cousins are together there is alot of GIRL POWER going on. On this particular occasion Jessica gave free hair makeovers to all the ladies. (I told you, you never know what will happen!)

Like I said you never know with all the craziness of the cousins what happens....Like mysterious unidentified fish flying through the air and getting caught on camera?????? Notice it happened when all the BOYS were together???
Life is GRAND with lots of cousins in your life!!

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

love this post!! i love my cousins too! and brycen is super close w/ his 3 cousins (ryan's sister's kids)

Tera said...

So cute! I am so thankful for lots of cousins too. You fit right in with all of the kids in that hair-do picture. :)

Holiday World

Family Fun