
This is what we've been doing on the 101st day of school! Yesterday, Griffin came home from school with a stomach ache and by early evening he was confined to the couch with the puke bowl. We had a rough night with his stomach working like clock work and in over drive trying to get the nasty bug out of his system. He was awake throwing up every 15 to 20 minutes until about 3:00 a.m. when his stomach decided to settle down a bit. He's also been through a couple of pair of underwear last night and a couple pair today as well. He's feeling some better and I even got a smile out of him but he hasn't left the couch other than to just go to the bathroom...his energy is completely zapped (might mention his momma's too!) But in the midst of the yuckiness I am reminded of
Jehovah Rophe ~ God is our healer and Jehovah Jireh ~ God is our Provider. Griffin and the girls have been learning about the names of God in Sunday School and these are just two of the names. But I am so thankful that God is our healer and that for the most part we are fairly healthy family and the kids are rarely sick and I know there are families that are not as fortunate as us. As well as I am SO THANKFUL that God is our provider and for providing simple things as a wash cloth, plastic bowl, ice maker with a crushed ice feature, popsicles, Vernors gingerale, running water, toilet, Lysol, and a WASHING MACHINE...just to name a few. How spoiled I am when I think of places in this world that don't even have these simple pleasures. I am truly thankful to God for his healing and provision and for lavishing his Love upon me for no other reason than the fact that I am a Child of God! His Grace is enough! PTL!
3 comments:
boo to the stomach bug and poor griffin being sick :( hope it doesn't last long.
i tend to forget that some things are def. simple pleasures that other places don't have... like ice. wow.
what a great attitude susie!! hate that he is sick but hope he is better soon. kim's family has gone through the same recently, lauren and tyler went back to school today and it started for them on monday. it won't last long!! way to spend the 101st day!! take care :)
Poor Griffin. Glad to hear he is feeling a little better. We are so blessed with simple pleasures like washing machines!
Post a Comment