Sunday, September 19, 2010

Griffin - the study bug.

Sept 2010 South Knox Inv 073

My little man is Loving 1st grade this year, although, he still has his spurts where he doesn’t want to take time to sit still and “study”.   He’s gotten lazy on a few of his assignments….like not putting punctuations at the end of sentences, therefore, ending up with a “C'” on an assignment instead of an “A”.  So his momma has given him an “incentive/reward” to do better and to bring home good grades on his report card.  I’ll share about the incentive/reward AFTER he achieves his goal.   But finding time to get him to sit down and “study” is a little bit of a challenge especially since he is such an outside boy.   Also he was absent 1 1/2 days last week with a little bug, fever mostly,  and this week is the last week of the grading period and he is having “review” week.  He had a paper sent home that had “52” words that he has to recognize and be able to say the words without sounding them out.  I re-printed them in a larger font so he could have his own paper to take a quick look at whenever we have a free chance.   So tonight while he was outside “helping” his daddy do the grillin’, I sent the paper outside with him so he could read the words to his daddy.  When I peeked out the window this is what I saw!  He’s such a little animal boy and the animals love him just as much.  Libby and a kitty came and sat next to him on the back steps!!  I guess they were there to help him out, either that or Griffin is going to teach the animals how to talk.  LOL.   Whatever it takes to get him to study then I’m all for it!

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

oh my goodness, that's too cute!! glad he is liking school better this year! b seems to love it, but says "it's really long" haha!

Chelsa said...

and you guys must be on shorter grading periods than us... we just got midterms on friday!

Kelly said...

cute! he is getting so big susie!!

Holiday World

Family Fun