Mrs. Nowaskie’s entire 1st grade class will now always have a story to tell about Griffin. They were playing hockey in PE class yesterday afternoon when another little boy went to hit the ball and he let go of his hockey stick and it ended up hitting Griffin in the face, which resulted in a cut below his eye. I think it pretty much scared a lot of the kids and Griffin. Nurse Mandee to great care of Griffin along with Mrs. P, Mrs. L calling and keeping me informed on how he was doing until I was able to get to school and making sure that Megan and Natalie knew what was going on as well. Of course I called Les and had him come along because I wasn’t sure if he was going to need stitches or not. We ended up at the ER because of the location and his age QuickCare thought it’d be best place for him. They were very helpful there and even called ahead to the ER and we got right in with hardly any wait time.
The ER Doc came in and said they were going to be able to use “the glue” to close the wound! I was relieved and so was Griffin, although, he still was nervous about whether it was going to hurt. They cleaned it and that stung a little but after that little flinch he laid really still and and doctor told him to keep his eyes closed…and doctor did a fine job of not getting Griffin’s long eyelashes in the glue! (I know it’s my mom thing I was worried about!LOL). The doctor also added some steri-strips to complete the closure. As soon as the doctor finished Griffin popped up and was ready to go home! We had to wait for the Discharge papers and Griffin, sounding, just like his dad, says “Hurry up, what’s taking so long!”
Here he is outside of the ER, ready to go. Good Thing for Blackberry Bear, and Sealy Willy who made the trip from home to the ER. They are his best buddies that keep him company when he goes to sleep at night and was nice to snuggle with when he wasn’t quite sure of what all this “getting stitches” was all about.
Now he’s pretty proud of his gnash on his face and he was such a big brave tough boy! I told him he looks like a real hockey player or boxer now! I guess he’s earned his bragging rights now…
In fact he felt well enough and wanted to go and cheer on his cousins, Chloe & KC, along with BRXC teams. I made him sit and ride in the jog stroller because I didn’t want him horsin’ around and end up busting his face open again. He called it his “wheel chair”. He’s a hoot…you can see him cheering for Chloe from his special seat.
Special surprise! We got to see College girl Cassie who came up to cheer the runners on!
BRXC Boys team were sectional champs! Along with my niece, Chloe, was the overall girls sectional Champion!! Wooo Hooo Chloe
And her brother, KC, freshman, was 7th place overall and set a PR for the South Knox course, and fought very hard to the finish! He’s on the right coming across finish line, he’s actual time was 17:29 but he was faster than my camera!
very proud of them and made Griffin’s day to get to see them! Can’t wait to see how far their legs will take them! Hopefully all the way to STATE!! Wishing them lots of LUCK!




3 comments:
Poor Griffin
I'm glad everything turned out ok. Braylee was worried about him!
Nurse Mandy will probably say that one day when he is bigger then me, Remember in 1st grade... :) I just love that little guy and his smile!
Post a Comment