Friday, June 5, 2009

It's the little things....

So once again I've been MIA from my blog...due to nasty strep throat..that I had an allergic reaction to the first medicine which essentially caused me to have to start from scratch with a different antibiotic...so now 10 days later I'm finally feeling some what back on track and the first thing I post about is a Stapler??? Go figure!?! I am so completely excited about my new stapler!! It's as if the Holy Spirit sprang into action on my behalf today!
Flashback to this morning: I was making out checks/bills this morning in a rush...of course...there is always some kind of interruption...like Les calling saying he has a flat tire on the field cultivator...send the girls to get him on 4-wheeler...someone calling wanting hay...as if we have any idea when that's going to be with all the planting, replanting, and all the other work falling on top of each other with this rainy spring weather, then I had to make a call b/c we have a different person representing us for some life insurance, and had to find out where they were located so I could drop off the bill, and trying to do this all in 15 minutes before going out the door! Needless to say my stinkin old stapler only wants to staple half of the time, decided it didn't want to work stapling my receipts together! Of course the stapler got the brunt of my frustration of causing even more delay in getting things accomplished this morning! I was like "Great as if I have time for you not to work today!"
So after dropping Griffin off at Grandma's (PTL for GRANDMA!) so Uncle Doug could pick him up there to take him & Kaelyn to their last swim lesson, Meg & Nat also asked Grandma if they could stay with her too...because they didn't want to go to Holland with me to pick some photos we had done at the Doodlebug as a special awhile back...so some how out of the blue not planned...I'm driving in the van, BY MYSELF, wow that was strange!?
Anyway I had decided I was going to stop by Staples on the way back to get ink for my printer when Lo & Behold...clearance bin at the front entrance calling my name! There I spy the stapler...Originally $25.99, marked down to $8.50! and it says ONE*Touch! Too good to be true I'm thinking...but looks like a pretty sturdy stapler...so I thought I'd make the splurge of $8.50 (still thinking that seems quite a bit for a stapler). But if it is truly one touch then it would be worth that amount....but Wait it gets better I pay at the register when he hands me a receipt as well as a separate receipt with a $5.00 Rebate, that I was totally unaware of....and what do you know the rebate is for the STAPLER!! I got home tried that baby out...IT TRULY is ONE-TOUCH...and can staple 28 sheets at a time....all for a whoppin $3.50!! Can I just say God is good...and it is little things like that just make my day...that God met me in the office supply store...and He even blessed me with a little bonus package of post-it notes with the letter "S" in the bottom corner for 90 cents! The only post-it notes in the bin and they have an "S" on them! Jesus Loves Me, I know it! If he can take care of my office supplies...I know He's going to take care of the really BIG stuff too! Just had to share!

3 comments:

Mandi Knepp said...

Susie,
you are such a blessing! this story gave me the chills because its true that God does meet us in the small things... he loves to have that still small voice. you have reminded me to look for him today, in the small things!

Chelsa said...

fun post and oh so true!

Tera said...

The best part Susie is that you realized God was meeting your needs! Most people would have called it all a coincidence. ;)
BTW- how did the doodlebug pictures turn out?!

Holiday World

Family Fun