Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a day!

OK so I am totally having blogging withdrawl and can't seem to keep up with my pictures and blogging and with this stinkin daylight savings time...I seem to look at the clock and all of the sudden it is midnight and I am just thinking about going to bed!?! Whats up with that! Anyway I'm getting very frustrated that I am not keeping track of whats going on in our day to day lives so since I have 7 minutes until it is actually midnight I thought I'd post about our day even though I have no pictures.

We started off our day by heading up to Odon for the girls gymnastics class. It was rainy and looking like it was going to storm but we managed to make it to the gym before the major storm went through, although when I turned the corner right before the gym and saw some tree limbs down and a big tree split in half I wondered if a storm hadn't already gone through or was brewing. Well not long after we were in the building it started raining and blowing and even heard some hail hitting the building. The lights flickered and Jackie assurred we had the safest place to go if there were tornado warnings...right in the pit below the trampoline! ha ha... She also said if the lights went out the kids could play hide and seek in the gym. Too funny! She knows how to lighten the mood even in bad weather. The phone at the gym rang off the hook with people calling to cancel for the next class because lots of the roads around and into Odon from the Northern part of Daviess county were all flooded and lots of trees down...so Jackie offered the kids to stay over until the next class and I was more than thankful for that as I wasn't too keen on venturing out if it was still storming. The electricity never went off but all the girls in the class were begging to play hide and seek so Jackie turned out the lights and except for one in the back of the building and let them play a couple of rounds and of course Griffin got in on that too! They had a blast running and hiding under the tumble track, mats, and other equiptment and then took off running to base when "it" came out looking for them! It was so fun to watch! Griffin also got to jump on the trampoline and play on the bars during the second hour as Ms. Jackie told him he could...he was completely excited about that! So when class was over we went outside and the storm had passed through and on our way home almost every yard had a big limb or part of a tree blown down/over and the ditches looked like rivers and even one part of the road the North lane was under water! It was crazy. We got home and Loogootee didn't get near the rain or wind that Odon did.

We came home and had lunch and the kids cleaned their rooms and I was trying to do book work but I had several phone calls so that wasn't coming along. Yesterday Megan & Natalie had dentist appts and both have loose teeth and dreaded having their teeth flossed in fear their teeth would come out...they were about to have panic attacks...whatever...they did so good when they were little and loved going to the dentist but I guess that was before they actually started loosing all their teeth and now know what "pain" is??? That's the only thing I can figure out...but Megan had one tooth that had the permanent tooth growing up under already so the dental hygienist and I convinced her to let her pull it...she was about to cry but then she had it out and Megan right away said YAY! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! She's a funny girl...but in the process of getting the girls to calm down....yes... I bribed them with going swimming! I told them if they didn't cry we'd go. The hygienist's daughter went to preschool with Griffin and she told me her little girl had gotten her shots for kindergarten, which reminded me the shot clinic was in washington also yesterday, so we quick ran home and got Griffin's shot record and took him down to the park to get his shots as well. He was fine until we got there and he saw the other kids getting their shots and screaming and crying and then he changed his mind about getting his shots...so yes I bribed him with the swimming too! He did so good and actually when the nurse stuck him with the needle he didn't even cry until the serum went in then he let out a yell and cried and then of course I was crying too...it was pitiful..he had to get 4 shots...2 in each leg. He only cried while he was getting them and then calmed down pretty much...I had taken mighty whitey blanky in with us and he told me you were right mommy I did want my blanky! Silky blanky makes him feel better always! He also told me he was not ever getting shots again! I said well not for a long time anyway! But he is already for kindergarten now, which he is excited about! So all that being said all 3 of the kids fell asleep yesterday afternoon so no swimming was done yesterday and with the book work I needed to do I called my reliable personal assistant, Cassie, and she took them swimming at the YMCA today for a couple of hours.

When they got home, Megan had dog club/class at Washington so she got Libby bathed and ready to go so we were headed back out. Megan is doing very good "training" Libby and Libby is obeying her commands pretty well too. It's alot of work but it is something that she really enjoys doing. Before class I had an old high school friend who lives in Michigan call and said she was back home in Washington so we met up with her and her 3 boys at SCOOPS! (YUMMY) after dog class...well it was extremely humid and hot and with our 6 kids and the dog there wasn't quite enough space for them to run around and us to get in any quality visiting so my other friend who lives in Washington invited us to come over to her place in town....She just happens to have a POOL...well you guessed it all the kids ended up in the pool and her husband played with the kids so the three of us got a nice visit in and the kids played so good together!

It was nice to get to catch up with them and time flew by and it was 10:00 before we knew it! And I realized I needed to get the kids home in bed because the girls have CC practice in the morning too! Summer is flying by so fast but we really are enjoying and I do have pictures to prove it just not time to load them up and sort through them all!! Some day I'll post some more! But I had to post a little of what has been going on before I totally forget about it!

5 comments:

Chelsa said...

i kind of thought you fell off the face of the earth! i've missed your posts! summer is flying by too fast, i have to agree with you there. glad the kids did good at the dentist and getting shots. neither is much fun!

Tera said...

Wow, such a busy day! It's a good thing we cancelled our lunch date! The time at the gym sounds like so much fun. I love Jackie.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of busyness going on around there.. same here.. it seems like we haven't got to swim much either and it's almost JULY.. I REALLY can't beleive how fast this summer is going..

Kelly said...

Wow, I'm getting tired just thinking about your busy days!!! They do sound fun though(except for the shot part!!). When I was a little kid I used to think it was the needle that hurt, but once I figured out it was the medicine, that made it a little easier to handle!! Plus I just try and NOT look at the size of the needle!!

Leah Robinson said...

You're right...what a day! LOL

Glad you made it through all of that safe & sound! I will have to email you about the dog club thing...that sounds like something Hunter would LOVE to do!

Holiday World

Family Fun