Saturday, June 20, 2009

Loogootee Summer Fest 5K Run

Loogootee had their Summer Fest 5K this morning and since it is close the girls decided to run in it. Aunt Lisa, cousins Chloe & KC Heller were also running in the race today so I guess you can say it was a family affair. The girls have just started back into their running and this is the longest they have ran so far this summer. My brother Kevin ran along with Megan & Natalie. There was a point that Megan wanted quit because it was so hot and humid but with Kevin's encouragement she kept on going and made it all the way! I forgot what place Aunt Lisa came in but she did awesome too and this being her first time running on the road instead of the tread mill. YAY LISA! The course of this race ran from in town out to St. Mary's Road and back so with it being close, Daddy, Neal, & Grandpa & Grandma Graber got to see them all running too! It always helps to have your on cheering section!!

Megan finished in 28:13 which she received 2nd place in her age group 14 and under. KC was 5th overall and received 2nd in the 14 and under age division. Both GREAT finishes!

Chloe was the overall winner in the woman's race. Woooo Hooooo Chloe! Miss Natalie won 1st place in the 14 and under age division, her time was 26:54. We were taking pictures of all their awards and Griffin was feeling a little left out so he used one of his sister's placques to have his picture taken with his best buddy KC.
Natalie wanted her picture taken with Chloe, one of her favorite running role models. They are so cute together! Natalie & Megan look so little running in these road races with all different ages but they are tough little cookies! I was so proud of them for finishing the race and they did awesome and were happy to win awards on top of that!
I have to end this post with a funny tale about Griffin. Of course he had to go potty before we left so my brother, Kevin, volunteered to take thim to the bathroom. Well this was the only option for the bathroom. Kevin came back and said I got to experience one of Griffin's firsts...... His first time using a Port-a-pot!! I guess when Griffin went in....He pointed and said look? To which my brother replied, they don't flush. Well Griffin came and told me...."THERE's NO FLUSHERS!" OH My Silly, Silly, little boy! I was cracking up! I know it's gross but I couldn't help but laugh!

4 comments:

Mandi Knepp said...

Sounds like a fun family event! Griffin's story cracks me up... I can't wait for Gabe to say silly things like that!

Chelsa said...

way to go girls! i bet you are so proud of them! cute story about griffin!

Leah Robinson said...

WOW!! What an amazing family you have!!! Congrats to all :)

Anonymous said...

Yes those are Tenley's boys.. and YES they are adorable..especially the curls..:)

Holiday World

Family Fun