Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bells are Ringing!

"YOU ARE THE CUTEST BELL RINGER I'VE EVER SEEN!".....was the most common phrase we heard Friday while we were volunteering to ring the bell for the Salvation Army at Wal-mart in Washington, Indiana....I think he's pretty cute if I say so myself.  Griffin was so excited about ringing that bell...and RING that bell he did!!  He was so sweet when people would put their money in the bucket...he'd say "Thank you, Merry Christmas, God Bless you!"  He'd do it without even being reminded.  He even did some Christmas caroling while ringing the bell.


Lisa and Kaelyn were stationed down at the other doors ringing the bell and singing Christmas songs down there...Megan stayed with them most of the night as Aunt Lisa is much more cooler than her mother.  Although towards the end of our time frame the kids did make some trips back and forth between the doors checking out what was going on at each place.  Natalie stayed with Griffin and I for quite awhile too.  Griffin wasn't real eager to share the bell but he did LET her have her turn.  It was fun to "watch" people as they came into Wal-mart.  I enjoyed it as well as the kids did and it was a way for us "to give our time" and represent Jesus love to others and the donations will go to help others have a Merry Christmas in Jesus Name. 

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

he is the cutest little bell ringer :)

MamaDuck76 said...

I think that is the NEATEST thing to do! What a way to teach Griffin what Christmas is really all about!

Holiday World

Family Fun