All the way home from church Griffin kept begging his daddy to use his shovel. Here's their conversation:Griffin: Daddy I can shovel the gravel.
Les: (not paying attention)
Griffin: Daddy when I get home can I shovel the gravel.
Les: We don't have gravel to shovel.
Griffin: Daddy I can shovel the drive thru.
Les: What?
Griffin: Daddy when we get home, I want to shovel the snow off the gravel way.
Les: (looking around at all the fields while driving). Confused look on his face..what's he talking about?
Mom (the interpreter): Griffin are you wanting to shovel snow off the driveway?
Griffin: Yes, the driveway...Daddy I CAN shovel the snow off the driveway!
now by this time we are on our road, mind you we live in the country....
Griffin: Look there's apple poop!
Dad (the interpreter): It's road apples Griffin.
Mom interprets the English language and leave it to dad to intrepret the poop. LOL! Anyway after Griffin had a nap yesterday afternoon,he bundled up and out and away he went. He was happy as can be and was loving being a hard worker just like his dad! That's my "little thing" I'm grateful for.... is the way he looks up to his daddy and his desire to want to be just like him, and the fact his daddy is a great role model for him too!





3 comments:
Cute convo. such a sweet family you have!
ohh i love it!! :)
Adorable! I love how he tried so hard to describe a driveway! :)
So, are moms always the interpreters? I know I do an awful lot of translating from Alex-ese to English for Keith!
Post a Comment