Friday, when the kids came home from school, I told them they needed to go up to their rooms and make their beds. Not what they exactly wanted to do, but they were pleasantly surprised, that their momma, had made their beds, and left a little bit of Valentine Love on their pillows! I had went to a store in Vincennes earlier in the day to pick up some other items, when I walked into the store they had all these really cool balloons that I felt I couldn't leave the store without. So needless to say I gave in and suprised the kids early with their Valentines. The expressions on their faces were priceless! I simply LOVE Valentine's Day, a day set aside to specifically tell those around you that you love them! My sweet, MIL, invited us over for lunch today, which is always YUMMY, not to mention she spoiled us by including her butter horns with the meal...MY FAVORITE! The kids love going to grandma and grandpa's and we enjoyed time visiting and appreciating family!
Les had left with his dad to go do the chores. On our way home the kids and I meet Les on the road. Natalie was sitting up front, and I told her watch this.... this is what you do when you are cruising around town and see a good looking guy...you stopped in the middle of the road and roll your windows down and say "Hey good lookin!" LOL!! I thought it appropriate to throw in a little flirting since it is Valentine's Day. I must say...Natalie rolled her eyes and said that's gross!! Just keep thinking that Natalie! LOL!! Of course she then said I don't think I'll even want to get married when I'm 70! hee hee.
I making our annual "red dinner" tonight for the kids and Les. Everything served is either red or has some touch of red in it. Les doesn't remember it so much but the girls were all about asking if I was going to do that tonight. Megan even asked if we were going to light the candles and have a candle light dinner....which I must admit, I had forgot that I did the candles but she remembered, so I must dig out some candles! I'm off to put the finishing touches on our meal! Happy Valentine's Day to all!





2 comments:
I love your red dinner idea with the candles! So sweet! I can't believe I forgot to call you! Let me know if you still have questions about gym.
What a pretty blog background! Where do you find these sites? That's adorable! I love the header photo, too!
That was some pretty creative thinking, tricking your kids to find their presents. Cute! :)
I like the red dinner idea. Maybe we'll have to try that next year...if I can remember it a year from now!
See ya Sunday!
Post a Comment