Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm back for real!

Starting today, I'm making a commitment to update my blog!  Wooo Hooo...I'm so excited to get back into documenting the happenings in our lives, so we as a family can look back and see the journey God has taken us on.  Right now kids are back in school and I am officially the mom of a Jr. High Student!!!!! Crazy!!  That saying don't blink b/c they grow up right before your eyes!  Well it's true.  Megan officially passed me up in height this summer and has not intentions of stopping there.  I literally think she can grow as quick as she leaves the room and comes back in,  Natalie doesn't think she is growing b/c Megan is getting so tall, but she is growing just as much,  she put on a jacket this morning that she wore last year, and the sleeves were about 2 inches to short, and we visited my sister, over the weekend, and she is just about the same height as her, that means I'm next! I know I'm going to end up being the little person in the house one of these days :-(  But they know I'm still the momma around here, no matter how big they get! LOL.  Natalie is in 6th grade this year and My Little Griffy poo, eyes of blue, is in 2nd grade.  They are all at same school building this year just all in different hallways.   Griffin would still rather stay at home and farm but has fun at school once he is there with his buddies.  Jr. High has been good for Megan, aside from the nervous, terrible, stomach ache she had the night before the first day of school, she hasn't been a bear to wake up in the mornings, and has been taking personal responsibility to get her shower and ready all by herself, and she is no more pony tail to school, she is actually wearing her hair down and looking like a little lady! (I'm sure her daddy is dusting off his guns)  Natalie has ALWAYS loved school, that hasn't changed, she is still the first to get up and ready to go and is actually my helper in keeping me organized and making sure everyone has everything they need, papers, shoes, back packs, etc...  Griffin is doing much better too about waking up and eating breakfast before school.  Of course he likes to make a quick trip out to see grandpa on the farm before he goes to school too.   Megan has decided to give volleyball a try this year and I am coach both Jr. High and High School girls cross country this year with the help of my brother, Kevin and his wife Carrie.  Griffin likes to run now too, so he stays after school and runs with us.  I myself have started running again on a regular basis and even completed a mini-marathon this past April! I've met some great people and made new friendships through running and I feel so much better.  We remodeled our home and I'm trying to get everything back in it's place and will post pictures soon, my next project is landscaping...any pointers on that or plants that require not much maintence but look great and not like wild crazy weeds, please feel free to give me advice.   I'm also back to getting to see my, nephew, Alton, on Mondays and Fridays.  He's 2 now, really talking, and quite funny, I'm sure I will post about him too.  Les is still busy with the farm, and this crazy heat we had this summer about to get the best of him, so thankful for the cooler temperatures and our turkeys finally loaded out, so that's one less thing to have to worry about keeping alive in the hot temperatures.  Well it's time to go get lunch for the farmer and Alton, so I better close for now.  Pictures to come later!

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

Yay! Love seeing posts from you and hearing about your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

YAY.. can't wait to see pics. of the remodel.:) i had to take a blogging break too, but am trying to stay caught up again.. it's so worth it in the end..:)

MamaDuck76 said...

Oh, yay! I've kept you in my Google Reader, hoping you'd be back to posting when life settled down! :)

It sure was good to see you this weekend!

Tera said...

Yay for an update! I want to come see the remodel...I didn't realize you guys were done! Ok...for pictures, I've got to see the 1st day/tree pics! :) Hope your kids have a wonderful year and congrats on the mini-marathon! woohoo!

Holiday World

Family Fun