The girls ran at the Gibson Southern Meet on Saturday, which was held at the Toyota Complex. It is a flat course compared to the Northeast Dubois Meet than ran the previous Tuesday. Let's just say I haven't quite figured out how to be a Coach/Parent/Picture taker all at the same time...needless to say I have absolutely NO pictures from this meet because with trying to remember everything else for the meet I went off and LEFT my camera in the van!!! I can't believe it!! I was some mad at myself! Especially since the girls really improved their times and ran very well! There were 14 teams at this meet with significant higher level of competition. There were two races, A-team and B-team. For the A-race schools are only allowed to enter their top 7 runners. Megan & Natalie were both in the A-race for Barr-Reeve. They went out and ran their little hearts out! I'm so thankful for their hard work ethic they put into their running. You ask them to do something and they just go out their and perform just like you asked them too...they are so gutsy!! Natalie finished 7th with a time of 12:59 and Megan finished 13th with a time of 13:23...there were a total of 73 runners in the A-race. They both improved their time and are stepping up showing leadership on the team. They both have even been leading their team with prayer before they race because they know that God gave them their gift of running and are acknowledging that and giving God the glory! That is what I am truly grateful for...that they are not ashamed to show their faith and are being bold in front of 20 other little girls on their team! Natalie prayed at their first meet and Megan at this second meet. Truly made my heart glad!
We really have a great group of 20 girls who are working really hard this season and they finished 4th as a team at this Gibson Southern meet, they gave ribbons to the top 3 teams so just like the last meet we were one spot away from getting team ribbons! We are working with the girls to come in closer together and alot of our girls are first time cross country runners this year so alot are still getting "race experience" and I know we will get better with each meet. There is alot of mental aspect that goes into cross country and that will come with the experience as well. In the meantime I think we are all have a great time and FUN and that is the most important thing of all.
So our next meet is at Brown Country on Saturday, which will be even bigger race 25 teams, A-race allows top 10 runners, so there very well could be 250 runners in one race...so we shall see how they do...I know they are going to be training hard the next couple nights to prepare!
HOPEFULLY I won't forget my camera! I really think I need a personal photographer to go with me and take pictures of my girls?
Until next time...
Italy Day 3 {Cinque Terre}
3 years ago




1 comments:
aww, i'm just so excited for the girls! i was totally going to say you need someone to just take the pictures for you! :)
Post a Comment