Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Celebrations & Programs

This past weekend we went to visit my BFF, Kiersten. She & her family had their annual Christmas Open House. She is my friend who belongs on TV either HGTV or the Food Network not sure which would be lucky enough to have her but anyway. She went all out. She had crafts for the kids and Evan, her son, a boy, for Griffin to play tractors with, she had yummy delicious homemade goodies too many to even name but definitely scrumptious! She also sent gift bags home with the kids and a Christmas CD and home made Heavenly Chocolate candy! When we got home and opened the kids gift bags...she had made them each an ornament with their initial on it and bookmarks with their names and play-doh...that Griffin was very excited about! And all other kinds of kid friendly favors! I don't know how she does it all but she definitely pampered us with her hospitality!
Everything that she served or gave as gifts were all hand made by her! She is very gifted and she loves doing it as her "hobby". Although she has recently started a small catering service of confections. I have had her make me cakes on two different occasions. All I have to say is "Yummy" & "WoW". Below is a few pictures of the cake and cupcakes she made for a small baby boy shower we had for Lisa's girlfriends and co-workers a few weeks ago. Kiersten made the cupcakes look like baseballs, soccer balls, and basketballs, and a special cup cake for Kaelyn "the big sis"! The cake also had a delicious jelly filling between the layers. I just love all the creative things she can come up with! I'm blessed to have her as a friend.

I can't believe I forgot to post about Lisa's baby boy shower. It was very nice and she received some very nice "BOY" gifts. Which makes me even more excited to meet him! January is just around the corner!! And Kaelyn is going to be an awesome Big Sister! She is so protective of Lisa and her baby brother right now it's too sweet! Megan also had her Christmas program at school last week. She was chosen to be "Vixen the Reindeer". She did a little dance to "He'll be coming from the North Pole" to the tune of "she'll be coming around the mountain". Megan loves to sing and dance so it was right up her ally. She is the "blonde" reindeer in the pictures. I was looking at her 4th grade class...she is about the only girl that still has the "white" blonde hair..the rest are already starting to turn to dark blonde/brunette...so that makes it easy for me to pick her out in the crowd :-) Her music teacher, Mrs. Hawkins, is absolutely the best music teacher ever, Barr-Reeve, is very lucky to have her! Music is one of Megan & Natalie's favorite things at school because of her! We always enjoy going to the school programs. This is the first year Natalie & Megan were not in the same program. They'll catch up together again next year and Natalie will be in the Spring Program.

We also had the Gaines Christmas get together on Sunday (Les' mom's family). It was nice to get to visit with family we don't get to see that often. The kids enjoy playing with their cousins whether they are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th cousins...it doesn't matter they have a great time playing with them all.

We are definitely in the Christmas Spirit around here and love visits with friends and family this time of year and look forward those still to come!

5 comments:

Brad and Kiersten said...

Thank you sweetie for such nice compliments! It was a joy seeing you guys. Can you send me that picture of Evan and Griffin? I think that is going to have to go on my office wall!! I also feel EXTREMELY blessed for our 20+ year friendship - I don't know what I'd do without you! See you Christmas Eve!
Love,
K

Jamie Truelove said...

Those cupcakes are awesome! Does your friend live close? Take cake orders from "strange" people?? I'm always looking for cool birthday cakes! I always thought it would b great to have a second baby shower...I'm so glad you guys did that for Lisa. You get so much stuff for your first baby, then you're kinda stranded with your second!...and Third!!

Chelsa said...

those cupcakes were awesome! and i agree w/ jamie's comment above! it's so much harder w/ the second... especially when they come years (like 4!) down the road and you've gotten rid of most stuff! so sweet of you to do a baby shower for her second!

Tera said...

Wow, she is a Martha, isn't she?! All of the goodies look scrumptious, as Marv would say! :)

Chelsa said...

i think the red kitchen aid is so pretty! thx for the tip about the pour guard thing... i seen that and wasn't too sure what it did, but it sounds like it would be helpful!

yes, by the afternoon brycen was saying, "but i wanted to go play w/ my friends @ school!" oh my... guess i'm glad he likes to go instead of having to fight w/ him about it.

Holiday World

Family Fun