Friday, December 12, 2008

I've received an award!

I feel so humbled and undeserving to receive this award! First of all I'd just like to thank all my fans...because without you none of this would be possible! Ha Ha Ha! I've always wanted to give a speech like they do on the award shows! Just kidding!

No really, Ms. Ashley from over at Graber Gab bestowed this award upon me! She made me laugh. She has a great blog and I love checking in to see what her two boys are up to or should I say "in to"! She is a great momma and should receive an award for raising TWO BOYS! And she is doing an awesome job of it I might say and honoring God all along the way!

Here are the rules to receiving this award:

1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.

2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.

3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

I am going to nominate five Fabulous people:

AND THE NOMINEES ARE: (I wish I had a drum roll for you)

1. Jamie from Hearts to Heaven blog for her post on "Foot stuck in the toilet".

She always has some kind of fun loving story that makes me laugh on her blog. So I am sure her house is full of fun and laughing even in not so funny times!

2. Abby from The Yoder Clan blog for her gift of taking AMAZING PICTURES.

I love seeing what or who she has taken pictures. Her picture post sometimes even take my breath away because of what she is able to capture behind the lens! She also has some stinkin cute little bambino's that she contributes her posts too!

3. Tera from September Sweeties blog for taking me back down memory lane!

Her life somewhat morphs my own even down to having Hillbilly teeth that I was sporting last Christmas! (sorry Tera it will get better I promise!) God managed to put Tera & I working together on a SIWE Journey back in Jan. 2004 and we've been the best of friends ever since. I think we were both amazed at how much we actually have in common and her two precious "September Sweeties" remind me so much of my girls when they were that age!

4. Chelsa from "The Knepps" blog for being my newest blogging friend.

I've just gotten to know her via blogging and she is always good about leaving me comments! I love that! She also has a heart for God and raising a little blondy boy just like my Griffin. And she has another little boy on the way. She too deserves the award for parenting TWO BOYS!

5. Kiersten from "The Stahls" blog for being the blog that needs to update her post the most! ha ha..

Kiersten is a BFF from our days at WHS close to 20 years ago! She is an amazing gal and momma to Evan! She should have her own TV show because she is way more talented than Martha Stewart...probably why she doesn't update her blog so much because she is busy taking care of everyone else and I'm sure she has all her Christmas decorations out making her house look like it is ready for the cover of Better Homes & Garden! I stand in awe of all she gets it all together!

OK now my 5 addictions????

1. Blogging, scrapbooking, looking/taking pictures...I think that all kind of falls into one category. I could sit and do that all day!

2. My kids...I love them to pieces even when they are yelling MOMMMMMMMMMMMM at the top of their lungs...because time is going by so quick I know one day they will be gone on their own! So loving every minute of that now...well most minutes anyway.

3. My 6 nieces & 5 + 1 on the way nephews!! I love being an aunt and who said they didn't need a 2nd momma anyway???

4. Carmel Corn...it's my latest addiction probably comes with the holiday season...I am going to attempt to make some home made...we will see how that goes! ha ha.

5. I can't think of a #5 I'm pretty laid back person so I think addictions take too much energy and effort

2 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

Yeah!!! I love winning awards. This must be my lucky week...we went to Mr. Gattis Sunday after church and I won jackpots on every game...now this!!! Anyway, now I have to nominate 5 bloggers for being the best! Also, my 5 addictions...Shawn can tell you 2 pretty easy...here goes:

I nominate:
1. Shawn Otto...for being the newest blogger and for the great act he puts on regarding how he is NOT addicted to blogging...Shawn...preachers can have addictions to blogging too:) LOL...I always have to give him a hard time...
2. Jamie Knepp...her postings are always hilarious. Reminds me a lot of my life...and my kids...by the way, Jamie...Fish told me this morning that Emma told him that "Jamie Toolove is having a baby"...cute.
3. Kelly Merold...Meeska, Mooska, and Mickey Mouse...I just love that! I always smile when I see that posting title...she hasn't updated for 2 months though...Kelly...I hope this prompts an updated posting...LOL
4. Leah Robinson...what a great idea...virtual yardsale! U R just ingenious...and great pictures too!
5. Mandy Ash...I always enjoy looking at your creations...u definately are the best blog designer I know!

My 5 addictions:
1. Dr Phil
2. Oprah
3. The Doctors
(I know...I'm a tv/dvr junkie)
4. bargain shopping, shopping in general...I will go to all lengths to get a bargain...love the mall and love yardsales!
5. sleeping with my kids...I know my husband would not agree at all, but I just don't want to waste one moment. I need to clarify...I don't let them sleep with me all the time, but I do sometimes. Our deal is that if they go to bed when they r told, without problems, then they will get "slumber parties" with mom. If going to their own bed becomes a problem, then the slumber parties will b over.

Here are the rules for nominating...
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

Tera said...

Susie- I am so thankful we worked that walk together!! :) I remember the package you sent me a few weeks later too...baked beans and ding dongs?! Remember?! :)

Holiday World

Family Fun