Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gingerbread House

Saturday KK came over to visit/play and when Natalie came home from spending the night with her friend Nicole, we got out the Gingerbread House Kit and put it together. The kids had a lot of fun doing it. They were very creative in their decorations. I had to make some extra icing as we used the Kit icing up pretty quickly but it all worked out in the end.

Yes, Natalie has a "pink streak" in her hair that she did at her sleep over! Pink is her favorite color!
Kaelyn liked trying out all the different candy "decorations". She has quite a sweet tooth! Plus I received a phone call from her last night about 9:30 telling me that she learned to tie her shoe!! YAY KK! I had a deal with her that when she learned to do it I would get her the BIG Hershey bar...well wouldn't you know I couldn't find the "BIG" ones...so instead I found BIG Toostie Rolls. So hopefully she liked those just as well.
These are just pics of the kids putting the "glue-icing" on the roof and walls of the house. Griffin pretty much just wanted to know if he could eat it! I think there was a lot of finger licking through the process but we did manage to get it all together without it falling down!

3 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Looks like a good time! You're a fun mom...and auntie, too!

I love your new family photo...very nice, but those kids are too grown-up to be yours! ;)

Chelsa said...

love the new family photo at the top! what a gorgeous family!

Jamie Truelove said...

Your family pic is really good! It's always painful trying to get everyone to smile and look at the same time, but you guys mastered it.

Holiday World

Family Fun