Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


After lunch yesterday the girls were told to go out and pick weeds while I cleaned the kitchen up and mowed the yard. (Griffin was going to haul the weeds off with his tractor). As I was finishing up the kitchen...here come my two sweet girls with a big hand full of flowers for me! Here I was expecting fussing out of them because they were not thrilled about having to pick weeds as well as I made Natalie eat broccoli for lunch and even after being the mean old mom they surprised me with these flowers! I just about cried (I know hard to believe!). God Love them! I love little surprises like that come out of nowhere! Below is what took place after their weed pickin.

My DH, who thinks my blogging is playing, snapped these pictures while I was mowing the yard yesterday! He must be catching on and really does like my blog. He said look at your camera..and see if they are blog worthy! I'm so glad he took time to take these!! While I was mowing the kids decided Libby the farm dog needed a bath! I'm sure this is the first bath she has had in years! Because you know farm dogs take care of themselves! What was even more hilarious...which you can't really see in the picture...but Les has been butchering some turkeys that last couple of mornings and Libby has scavenged onto a big Turkey Leg that she has been carrying around like her pride and joy (she even leaves it on the back steps for us to be proud of her....I'm thinking GROSS!) Anyway Libby kept the Turkey Leg in her mouth almost the entire time while the kids were giving her a bath...like it was a pacifier or something! The kids used an entire bottle of Suave Lavender & Lilac Shampoo on her! I'm not sure if Libby appreciated her spa treatment but the bottle of shampoo made that section of the yard smell good while I was mowing! I guess Natalie & Griffin decided they needed a break and get a drink out of the hose...Good ole' Megan our animal lover stayed hard at work bathing Libby. Libby really is a good dog and lets the kids do almost anything to her and she just goes along with it.

There's nothing better on a hot summer day than a cool drink of water from the hose! Isn't Life Grand!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Such precious memories for you children to remember! It looks like you guys always have so much fun at the pond. Tell Les I'm proud of him for taking some pictures! :)

Sue said...

What a sweet guy! Doesn't that make you feel so loved when your husband shows interested in something that is fun to you. You are blessed girl!

Holiday World

Family Fun