Yesterday we signed ALL THREE bambino's up for school! We went to the registration line and of course they knew Megan & Natalie were repeat customers...and I forget some comment was made about the girls going to school this year and I said "we can't forget Griffin". I think they were all feeling the same for me...like "I can't believe he's big enough to go to school?". It did seem a little odd this year that he was actually preparing for school this year too..he anxiously awaited...as his receipt was the last one to be printed to find out who his teacher is this year.....Mrs. Wild. He was pretty excited about that because Connor, Cassie, & Courtney all had her for kindergarten...I think he would have been fine and excited with either of the other teachers as well because Kaelyn had Mrs. Huff and the girls both had Mrs. Jacobs. We went over to the little school and he got to meet Mrs. Wild and she talked to him about Connor, Courtney, and SASSY Cassie...he thought that was funny she call Cassie, Sassy, because he calls her that too! The Sisters (Meg & Nat) showed him where the cafeteria was and where he'd get off the bus in the mornings and where he'd get on the bus after school. I made him walk down the long hallway to make sure he knew where his room was located because that's what he'll have to do every day. He did that with no problems and seems pretty excited about going to kindergarten once again....(he had a minor melt down the wednesday night when I was tucking him to bed saying he didn't want to go to kindergarten and wanted to stay with mommy but after convincing him that he gets to see his Uncle Doug every day at school...that put a smile on his face!)
Natalie has Mrs. Lengacher this year for 4th grade! She was happy about that. She got to say hello to her yesterday too. Mrs. Lengacher's room is in the same hallway as the 5th and 6th grade class rooms so Natalie will have a locker outside of the classroom that will require her to know a combination...so she was a little apprehensive about that. She said what if I can't get it open??? I told her to ask her teacher and she said what if she says she won't help me?? I said now Natalie do you really think that Mrs. Lengacher is going to tell you she won't help you? Then she giggled and said No, I know she will help me.
Megan is in 5th grade this year and has Mrs. Lester for home room. Since she is in 5th grade they switch classes around for different subjects so she will have the other two teachers, Mr. Graber, and Mr. Perkins for certain subjects. This is all new to me...because way back when I was going to school you didn't change classes until Jr. High. I'm sure she will be fine with it and Barr-Reeve has done that for years now.
So we have all brand new teachers to the Graber household (sometimes Megan & Natalie have repeat teachers so I know what to expect) this year...three children bringing assignments home...which will bring three new routines and learning how those teachers run their classrooms, which I'm sure will be fine, but I'm finding as I get OLDER and my children are becoming more involved with school...I'm having to resort to taping notes to the refrig and calendar and making lists...to make sure to stay on top of it all!
But the kids are pretty excited about school starting even though they always wish for summer vacation to last longer...had lots of phone calls back and forth to friends and cousins wanting to know who each other had for teachers....So if thre is anyone reading this post and your children have the same teachers as my three leave a comment....we'd all love to know who their classmates are going to be this year!
Italy Day 3 {Cinque Terre}
3 years ago




1 comments:
Awww, the kids are growing so fast!! Hunter was dreading going to registration but was excited when we got to the school! She has Mrs. LeRoy for 3rd grade. She said she would be excited with any of them this year :) She's a sweetie!
Post a Comment