Monday, August 31, 2009

Life with a Boy ~ School

Well Griffin started out last night with questions about why he had to go to school, anyway? See below conversation while we were brushing teeth last night:

Griffin: Why do I have to go to school anyway? I wish there was just no school in the WHOLE world!

Mommy: Remember you have to go because you are big now.

Griffin: Can't you just write a note and tell them I'm sick! You said I was half-way sick.

Mommy: I said you have a runny nose, you're not sick.

Griffin: When did daddy learn about farming at school?

*****Exit to the bathroom to the living room***

Griffin: Daddy when did you learn about farming?

Daddy: Well Griffin, I had to learn my numbers and ABC's, so you can learn to count and read. When you are bigger you will have science and they will teach you about the different soils and the weather, and how God makes it rain, and how that helps the plants to get moisture and nutrients from the land. And then Also after school you will get to come home off the bus and do your homework and then Daddy and Grandpa will also teach you about farming.

Griffin: Like Neal and Conrad? (both cool farm boys in his opinion).

Daddy: Yes...and Neal is all done with his school and can farm all the time now.

Griffin: OK.

So I don't think he really learned any "farming" at school this week but LOOK what he did master at school this week!! The monkey bars!! He said "Come Mommy! I want to show you something!" Strong little guy just went whipping across the monkey bars like it was a piece of cake! Then he showed me his hands and the blisters he has gotten from playing on the monkey bars at recess all week!
Of course sister bear, Natalie, had to show she could work the bars as well! And the other sister bear, Megan, had to top them all and do the bars backwards!! I really think we could join the real circus with all their energy and tricks they like to perform! LOL!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I hope Griffin's week goes better for him this week! Kaitlyn struggled her kindergarten AND 1st grade years for about the first 5 or 6 weeks!:( She cried every night before bedtime and again in the morning. She would tell me "mom, i just don't want to go! I miss you so much!" Talk about tugging on your heart strings!! It seemed like once she got in the routine of things it got better though! Hopefully it will be the same for Griffin!!:)

JessGraceIz said...

It must make Les excited that his son is soo interested in farming. The monkey bars must be a big thing at school. Grace has blisters on her hands too from mastering the monkey bars.

Anonymous said...

We "doctored" his blisters on Friday night!

Leah Robinson said...

I'm sure by Christmas Griffin will be loving school :)

You kiddos are too darn cute!

Chelsa said...

i think brycen and griffin could be brothers! sounds just like B! i told him he needs to really learn his stuff at pre-school this year so he will be ready for kindergarten next year and he said, "nah, i don't want to go to kindergarten!"

Holiday World

Family Fun