Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yesterday was a Busy Day!

Griffin was so excited to wake up and find his new bike waiting for him! Even with the not so nice weather we went outside right away and tried it out.

Well he did pretty well until....He took a turn a little too fast! He Hasn't quite figured out how to slow down...but it didn't stop him, he got right back on and made several rounds in the driveway.

Then later after lunch he got to go visit grandma for a little bit and the guys were chopping silage so he got to have a tractor ride with grandpa and also check things out by the silo and sit on the tractor and watch the silage unload into the silo.
(you can see below he's wanting to take over for his dad)




Then we went to my niece, Chloe's 8th Grade Graduation in Washington.

Isn't she so CUTE! This reminds me of when she was little, she still has the same precious fun loving smile! This is all the girl cousins at the Graduation. Even with all the age differences they all Have a Great time when they are together! And I'm glad my girls have Chloe and Cassie to look up to, they are such good girls!

Megan, Mallory, Chloe, Cassie, Natalie

Since it cost me $80.85 to fill my van up with gas...I didn't want to make two trips to Washington yesterday. So me and the kids did the Wal-Mart shopping after the graduation to get all the goodies for the birthday party cook-out! We'll this is what happened while shopping. Just a good thing I have my strong 9-year-old Mae-Mae, who went and got a second cart and pushed it around the store for me, because I was about to have Natalie and Griffin covered with groceries. Yes we were hogging the aisle and only a few items got knocked off shelves but nothing that they had to make an announcement for clean up! PTL!

But by the time we got to the check out Natalie and Griffin had a nice nap and were wide awake. So with Burger King across the road I had to stop and get a cup of coffee at 10:00 p.m. (I've never liked coffee but have discovered my taste buds have grown old and now I like it every once in awhile) so I could stay awake to haul the 2 grocery carts full of groceries into the house. Along with the three kids who decided they needed french fries for a snack and Megan of course wanted a salad, which made them happy and Megan helped me carry and put away groceries! All the while we are doing that, Griffin couldn't get the toilet to flush in the upstairs bathroom, so he thought it would be a good idea to just keep flushing it over and over and over. Well you know what happened next! Everything came over the top of the toilet and floor was covered in water and then some!!!!!!!! I left that one to Les and sent old towels up with Natalie...as I had frozen foods and ice cream melting! So finally at 11:45 p.m. sat down in chair to put my feet up for just a minute....that minute lasted until 7:30 a.m.! Oh well todays a new day, another graduation, and more birthday party prepartions!

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun