Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

No matter how many Mothers Days go by, never does one go by that I don't miss my own mother and wonder what it would be like to have her here with me. Its hard to believe it has been 25 years since she has been gone in Heaven. One thing she did every year with me and my sister was to watch The Sound of Music. So now on Mothers Day I watch it as a reminder of one of my favorite memories of her.

Mothers Day is now special to me as I have a trio of voices calling me mommy/momma, I am so blessed! I am also blessed that my husband was raised by a Godly mother who is now a Godly Grandmother to my children! I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful grandma for my children. We went to church with Grandma Gwen today and then Les treated us to Montana Mikes in Vincennes and we caught up with my brother Kevin's family there as well. We had a nice lunch even with the yucky windy weather! The girls made me gifts at school. Megan made me a nice card along with a book mark. I told her I'd have to take time and get back into reading a book so I could use the book mark. Natalie made me a flower with a picture of herself in the middle. Each flower petal had things that she loved about me....I thought they were cute so I've listed them below. Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful moms who check in on my blog, you are a blessing to me!

Happy Mothers Day from Natalie:
I feel loved when you play with me.
You are special because your my mom and you are funny.
I love spending time with you because you let me go to gymnastics.
The most special gift I would give you is love and the big cricut.
I feel loved when you play with me.
I love you because you do special things for me.
The funniest thing I remember about you is when you act like Hannah Montana.

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun