Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday Road Trip

Since we've had so much rain and Les can't get in the field to work, he sprang a spontaneous road trip to see my Aunts and Uncles in Lawrenceburg yesterday! We had a great time. My niece, Courtney, went along with us since she is home for the summer, that was also an added bonus! We met up with my Aunt Lois, Uncle Cliff, and my Uncle Bill and Aunt Becky and had lunch at Frisch's Big Boy...I remember going there when I was a little girl, still yummy as always. We then went back to my Uncle Bill's house to visit awhile. And let me just say Uncle Bill made Griffin's day! He has so many "toys" and Griffin's eyes were wide open with excitement and soaking it all up! It is so funny to watch Griffin hanging with the guys, he watches their every move and is very inquisitive and wants to be just like them! The guys also went over to my Uncle Cliff's and checked out a tractor he has fixed up and I sent the camera with Les to take some pics, but do you think he did?? NO! Anyway Griffin got to enjoy seeing that as well as get to play on the swing set over there and Got some QUALITY MALE BONDING TIME!

One of Uncle Bill's toys is this little cannon. Yes it is a real one! I wan't much bigger than Griffin when I heard it go off for the first time. You can see in the picture Griffin is wanting to know all about it

This is Uncle Bill getting ready to shoot it off! By the way nothing was harmed, but advise you don't try this at home!

And here are the expressions of my two guys after the big boom, went off! I'm not sure who was more excited about it Griffin or Les??? Can't you just hear Les' laugh through this picture?

We also got a chance to go visit with my one and only cousin, Cathy and her family. They have recently moved back from Florida so it was nice to get to see their home in Indiana. It is very nice, they have a big back yard that just says "come, run, and play! Which is exactly what Griffin and her little boy Vince did! Vince is 4 1/2 and Griffin will be 4 next week. They were so fun to watch and it is obvious that they both are little motorheads and I think their motto would be
" Faster!" All I have to say is Look-out in about 10 to 12 years!
Griffin was so exhausted and he fell asleep just on the outside of Lawrenceburg and slept the entire trip home! It was a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun