Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School

The Big Yellow Bus came and took my girls once again!

Cuddles the kitty came to say her good-bye..I'm sure she is going to miss them coming out to the barn to see her every morning!
The girls were waiting for the bus! We've got polk-a-dots on everything this year..back packs..lunch boxes..the walls..notebooks..folders..pencils...etc....The girl were weighted down with their lunch box, back pack, and their pack with their CC running shoes and water!
Miss Natalie is standing by her tree ready for Mrs. Graber's 3rd Grade Class!
(her teacher has the same name as her grandma!)

Miss Megan stands by her tree and ready for Mrs. Boyd's 4th grade class!
Grandpa came to give the girls hugs and kisses before they got on the bus! This is one of the greatest blessings to me...that the girls get to see their grandpa almost every day while they wait for the school bus! Look at those smiles grandpa puts on their faces!!
This is the first year I didn't shed a tear when the girls got on the bus..it's only taken me to the 4th grade! But this year they are so excited to get to see their friends again and looking forward to their teachers and I'm just really excited for them to start off another great year! This year they are both running cross country for Barr-Reeve so they have practice every day after school so that will be something new for us to work into the school routine..so hopefully they will buckle down after their practice and get right on their homework. I remember from last year 3rd grade is the year they really start to push homework and someone told me 4th grade is another big jump into homework! Oh Joy! I guess when I saw Megan's school list and a protractor was listed I should have been forewarned!! Can anyone remind me how to use one??

Miss Mallory
I just had to include this picture of my niece, Mallory, sporting her new back to school hair cut!! Isn't she just So ADORABLE! All my nieces and nephews started school this week...well excluding Courtney, you know she is a College Girl now..so she will go later. I hope you all have a good day! And My WHS niece and nephews hope you some how manage the obstacle course to your classes! (their school is under the never ending remodeling project and looks like a disaster zone!)
Addendum: Ok so I didn't cry when the girls got on the bus but I did have a moment while I was watching Momma Mia at the movies with my girlfriends (btw its the dumbest movie and was so dumb you couldn't help but die laughing) anyway when I heard this song "Slipping through my fingers" I just had my cry in the movie theater because I know my girls are going to be grown women and I'll wonder where these little girl moments went! So when I heard the song a few weeks ago I knew I was going to use it with my back to school post...so know after listening to the song and looking at the pictures on my post I'm crying!" I'm sure I have a thyroid issue! (you had to be at Women of Faith to appreciate the thyroid issue excuse!)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Susie,
You made me cry reading your post. You are such a good mama! Your kids are so blessed.

Sue

Brad and Kiersten said...

Hi Sweetie!
How did the girls first week of school go? I love their polka dots!! Griffin looks like he had a great day out too! How did the kids pictures turn out? Save one for me!!
Love,
K

Holiday World

Family Fun