WOW what an awesome weekend! Me and my other BFF's took off Friday and headed to Indy for the Women of Faith Conference. We left a little early so we could stop and do lunch & shopping in Bloomington, along with a yard sale along the way! How much better can it get! After dropping some cash at Kohl's and the Bloomington Mall we headed to Indy. Lisa did an awesome job navigating us around downtown Indy only to arrive at our hotel to find out they had a group of people who decided to stay an extra night so they gave them our rooms! SAY WHAT!!!! My dear sister made these reservations months ago for these rooms and was still in route to the hotel and was trying to handle all this over the phone and Indy traffic...I said Well the four of us "women of faith" (Lisa, Theresa, Victoria, & I) decide that's not going to fly and we would take care of it! Her remark was Remember we are a group of Christian women and be nice!!!! What's up with that...does she think I can't be nice and assertive at the same time???? Well needless to say we were nice and the lady behind the check-in counter was a doll and says she is sorry and that they will be sending us to a brand new hotel and they will be PAYING for all of our rooms!! And Guess what they have a FREE Breakfast to boot! How cool is God to provide that for us!! And yes we were very appreciative and NICE! We headed over to the new hotel with a delay in the parking garage because the validation parking pass wouldn't swipe properly. We arrive at the hotel and waiting in the Lobby and who is the first person I see but dear little sweet Lauren B from back home!! She said they had trouble finding lodging too and referred to the Comfort Suites as the Hotel God built for them! He must of been thinking of us too! I also ran into a fellow scrapbooking friend that I met at a crop a few years ago and come to find out her husband is our cattle's nutritionist! Small world I know! It had been a long time since I had seen her so it was good to get to visit with her!! We get our room key card and head up to freshen up thinking we'll get back down to catch the shuttle to Conseco, only to find out we just missed it....and knew it wouldn't be back for another 20 to 30 minutes so we decided we were going to walk to Conseco....It was hot and humid and Can I remind you Lisa is the half-marathoner was leading us through the streets of Indy...gave the other 3 of us a workout keeping up with her and she is 5 months PREGNANT! She's amazing!! Needless to say freshing up was nearly a waist of time as I had sweat dripping down my back and showing through my shirt and Theresa had the starts of blisters b/c we didn't pack our running shoes! We arrived at Conseco about 15 minutes after the conference started and Victoria and I did manage not to fall trying to balance ourselves in the dark to our steep pitched seats...They were good seats, don't get me wrong...just an issue that Vic & I have...there was a rail right behind our row that gave me a little comfort that I could hang on to! And I only had a couple of dizzy spells...ha ha. The speakers were all awesome and I was laughing until I almost vomited one minute to tears the next minute. The Praise & Worship team was awesome and Nicole C. Mullen was Key Music Artist for the weekend and she was AMAZING along with getting to hear Sandy Patty and her entire family came on stage and sang acapella...That was breath taking! The Theme for this year's WOF conference was "Infinite Grace" and all the speakers shared different stories of God's Infinite Grace and I was blessed beyond measure hearing their personal testimonies. And enjoyed a wonderful weekend with my fellow WOF BFF's.
Italy Day 3 {Cinque Terre}
3 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment