Did I happen to mention we have a few runners in our family??? Saturday was the Hope for Haiti run at the Eastside Park in Washington, Indiana...all proceeds went to Antioch Christian Church's Haiti Missions. My nephew KC, age 12, was #2 runner over all and won 1st place in his age division! He's awesome!
This was Megan's first 5K (3miles). I think she is holding back in practices somewhat because she really dug in and worked hard on Saturday..she placed #38 with time somewhere around 27 minutes. I was so proud of her!! Uncle Kevin was running the clock for the race so he was right at the finish to coach her on in!
Natalie did very well too she placed #43 about 30 seconds behind her sister. My sweet niece, Chloe, ran along with the girls and hung out with Natalie through the entire race! Gave me peace of mind that she was their guiding them along the streets so they wouldn't get lost! She did a great job getting my Nattiebug to the finish line coaching her all the way. I'm sure Chloe felt like she was walking running along with my girls as her legs move alot faster in her own races! She is running on Washington High School's CC team this year...she had a meet last night and came in first place!!! Her brother, John, also ran last night and did good job too!
The kids really enjoyed this hydrant spraying at the end of the race and got their cousins to run through with them!
There also was a Fun Run for all the kids...Megan & Natalie wanted to run in this one too! Obviously they didn't use all their energy up in the 5k! Connor, Kaelyn, & Griffin ran in this race and they all got ribbons for finishing!! They all did a great job and love running!!
Griffin was in the younger group of runners and was proud as a peacock to have his turn at racing!
Did I also mention my SIL, Lisa, who is with child, also ran the 5K?? She pretty much amazing that's all I can say about that!
It was alot of fun to watch and cheer everyone on and especially that it was for a good cause!! I think they are all awesome but I may be a little biased! 



0 comments:
Post a Comment