Saturday, August 30, 2008

My BIL- "Whatever..." Posted by Kevin Purdy

Okay ...... Right now I'm a little put-off by the whole political scene. I cannot get past the hypocrisy. Hillary campaigns against Obama and proclaims he isn't experience enough and not ready to be President. She labels his political plans as bad ideas and a danger to America. Then after he receives the nomination she applauds him and says he is more than ready for the presidency. I don't get it?



The church is accused of being full of hypocrites? Hello?By the way I'm completely terrified about our nation's acceptance of homosexuality. When Hillary can announce that she will fight for gay rights and the applause level increases ... When a song by a female musician called "I kissed a girl" is number one for several weeks in a row. When that same musician sings it on a morning news show and pre-adolescent girls with braces are singing it word-for-word in the crowd ... When our very own rural school system has a same-sex couple walking hand-n-hand through the hall and into the same locker room together! I'm telling you it terrifies the crud out of me. Morally we are on a very slippery slope.

God help us!
Posted by Kevin Purdy




*I copied that off my BIL's blog...I couldn't agree more...we as the church have to stand strong and teach our children that these "morals" some Americans are trying to force upon us..... Are NOT God's Desire or His plan and teach them clearly what scripture says. It is my desire and prayer that my children will Know God's word, memorize, and apply it to their lives as I know they will have to use it in this battle of morality throughout their lifetime!


Also the below is from my the devotion on my flip calendar...Think God's trying to tell me something?


I'm suggesting that we stop and consider the brevity of our years on earth, perhaps finding new motivation to preserve the values that will endur. from Straight Talk to Men and their wives pg.139
"For we are here for but a moment, strangers in the land...our days on earth are like a shadow gone so soon, without a trace." I Chronicles 29:15 TLB
Just some food for thought:)

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun