Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mission 6 & PureNRG Concert!


Saturday me and the girls along with cousins Kaelyn, Connor, & Cassie went to Ellettesville, Indiana to see Pure NRG in concert...along with opening act Mission 6! It was held at the The Shelter. I wasn't sure where we were going and what actually "The Shelter" was but I knew it would be an outdoor concert. Needless to say It was exactly as the title..It was a huge Shelter house with a stage. It was really nice, nothing fancy, definitely not a bad view anywhere. The tickets were $5..and the kids got their way beyond $5 worth of fun! We arrived about 45 minutes before the concert started and the church that was sponsoring the event had carnival booths set up for the kids to play along with some inflatables! Best part of all as Kaelyn said "you got surprises even if you didn't when the game!"

Connor, Natalie, Megan & Kaelyn having fun with the carnival.
Connor Taking a whack at this game with his big Muscles!
Megan making a big spin on the wheel!
Natalie trying to show how it's done!
Kaelyn super excited abou the prizes!
Kaelyn, Megan, Connor, & Natalie in the inflatable maze!

All of the kids with the Group Pure NRG!!! Jordon, Carolyn, & Caroline. They got to get all their autographs along with Mission 6 band authographs!Connor a little tired after the concert with Natalie, Megan, & Kaelyn. There was a really nice park across the street from "The Shelter" with a little creek that ran along the front side...So I made the kids stop for a photo op before they played on the play ground to run off any energy they had left after the concert!

Cassie, my PA (personal assistant), finally posed for a picture per my request or because I made her! She thinks she is a little too cool to be in with her younger cousins! She is always great to have along to give me extra hands to keep up with all my yahoos! Below is a short video of my little rockers! This was during Mission 6 concert...they are an awesome boy band! They are young but so overwhelmingly talented/gifted! I Highly recommend them if you are looking for some clean christian rock music for any age kid! When the concert started I told the kids they could go stand up by the stage and at first I think they were a little unsure of what to do at a concert. I made the comment to Cassie we were going to have to go show them...but it wasn't but the next song and the band gave them instructions and well I think you can see by the video it didn't take them long to become like little groupies in the front row! They stood up by the stage for the entire concert and through entire Pure NRG concert and were very excited that they got High 5's from all the singers! Pure NRG is also another awesome group that I would highly recommend they sing very teeny booper Pop/Dance Music but the lyrics are really good and There Bible Verse that they use for their motto is
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12"
Isn't that a cool verse! I'm going to be making tags for the girls backpacks and putting that scripture on it so they can be reminded of that every day! Pure NRG also promoted AWANA..the lead singer had said he had attended An AWANA program for a couple of years and it was alot of fun and great way to learn about God! The local church was just starting an Awana program so he was promoting it...and he asked how many of you here have been in Awana! There was very few screams but it was our kids that were screaming! So score one for Providence Mennonite Church...thats were our kids attend AWANA and learn the Bible through memorization!
Also I must say going to a teeny booper concert with my kids only made me realize I've been around on this earth long enough that they are doing remakes/mixes of the songs I listened to as a teeny bopper! I'm not going to say I'm old...just getting seasoned well! Anyway Mission 6 was introducing one of their songs and said I'm sure you kids might not recognize this song but I'm sure your parents will know it...and he said it's from the 80's! (like that was the ice ages or something!) Anyway he said it is titled "We got the beat" by the Go Go's! So when he asked how many parents knew it...I raised my hand because I LOVED the Go Go's...well apparently all the other parents that grew up in the 80's were in denial that they ever listened to that song...So the lead singer said well at least there is one mom who knows it! Yip you guessed it...it was me! Although I did refrain from dancing like I did in the 80's because Cassie, my valuable PA, was standing right next to me and fearing that she would never be my PA again if I embarrassed her so I refrained to just clapping along with the song and a few little dancing feet slipped out! So excuse the video it's a little shaky and doesn't have a clean cut at the end but mind you I'm the crazy mom weaving through the crowd to video my little rockers in the front! But I think you can see in the video how much fun they had!!


2 comments:

Sue said...

Susie,

You a such a good mom! And, yeah I remember that song too. I think the other parents were just pretending to be younger. lol

Sue

Kevin & Leanne said...

SO not fair!

-Jessica

Holiday World

Family Fun