Monday, September 1, 2008

Graber Reunion & Slaubaugh Reunion.

Shhhhhhew...finally sitting down to catch a breather from the weekend..We had two family reunions this weekend. Saturday was the J. Ervin Graber family reunion (les' dad's immediate family) and Sunday we had the Slaubaugh family(Les' dad's mom's a.k.a.-grandma martha) family reunion that is held every Labor Day weekend. We enjoy getting together with family especially ones we do not get to see often! I was stressing a little on posting about this because there was just so much jammed packed fun I don't think I could include it all in this post! So I'm trying my best to condense it and include a few of the 100+ pictures that were taken between the two reunions! We'll start with First... we were blessed to get to have the kids 3rd cousin-Florida Taylor (they also have 3rd cousin Taylor from Texas)...so the kids keep them straight we say Florida Taylor and Texas Taylor. Ok on with the story...you know I'm all about details and go off on tagents somewhat! Anyway Taylor got to stay with us...she is 6 months younger than Megan...so it was Girls Rule at our house...yes Griffin did feel out numbered (come on aunt Lisa we need a boy!).

Here she is Miss Florida Taylor
Taylor has almost all the same likes and interests my girls do and they just dove right in chatting and have fun from the moment Taylor arrived! Below is Megan & Taylor checking out the kitties by the barn! You know how Megan and Natalie like to sing and dance...well guess what Taylor loves to do that too! Below is a picture of the Dancing Diva's!Here's a picture of J. Ervin Graber's Family...started with 11 children and the picture is just a small sampling of how those 11 have multiplied!

This is our immediate Graber Family.

Doug, Lisa, Kaelyn, Grandpa Keith, Grandma Gwen, Griffin, Natalie, Megan, Susie, & Les.


Below is a picture of all the "1st Cousins" that were at the reunion...I told them to do something goofy for the picture...can you tell who the two clowns are...That would be Victoria and my Husband, Les...they know how to make everyone laugh!



I love this picture of Val, Lisa, & Vic...they were always so close growing up and this picture is also bittersweet because Cami's not in the picture...I'm sure she is standing at Heaven's Gate awaiting the most AWESOME of all FAMILY Reunions! For those of you who don't know Cami was another 1st cousin who died unexpectedly May 23, 2005 and she is greatly missed.



Ethan, Griffin, Luke, Kaelyn, Calli, Taylor, Natalie, Megan holding Tessa, Daniel, Reba, Kristi, Brittney, & Katelyn(friend of kristi & reba)



Pictures of the 3rd cousins!



Future 3rd cousin's still in the womb!! From Front to back...Matthew & Ida Graber baby due Sept 20...Doug & Becky Johnson baby due December 8.....Doug & Lisa Klopfenstein baby due Jan 20, 2009....Ryan & Sarah Knepp Baby due March 20, 2009!!
We got to enjoy some of Aunt Vi's beautiful piano playing during a memorial service for Glenda's husband Dan Weare who passed away on June 30, 2008. It was very nice as alot of us didn't get to travel to Florida for the service. It was nice that we cried and laughed together throughout the weekend! God is good!
Above is Sweet Calli Mae...Val & Ted's daughter...she was by far in my opinion the best little dancer..she definitely had her grove on...below she is enjoying the chicken dance with her grandma Vi and other Graber family members!



Natalie being tricky doing a back bend under the limbo stick!



Did I happen to mention my son is a clown??? He had Ethan laughing so hard he had to hold his belly! Everyone needs a good belly laugh once in awhile uh??


Griffin & Kaelyn doing monkey faces!

After spending the afternoon at Providence Fellowship Hall, Saturday evening we took the left-overs up to the shelter house at our pond and enjoyed more fellowship with the family. Grandma Gwen had a fishing game with surprises for all the kids including flashing tooth brushes! Megan got a special treat of holding baby Tessa. Megan loves babies just as much as her momma I'm sure we will be fighting over who gets to hold Kaelyn's baby brother or sister! Thanks Val for making Megan's day and letting her hold Tessa! I wish the picture wasn't so blurring but I think this was like #90 on my camera and batteries were getting low! But I think you can still see how adorable she is!

Sunday was the Slaubaugh reunion at the Berea Church in Cannelburg...For the evening program they did Karaoke!! How Fun several different family members participated! Below is several of our "Graber" women doing I'll Fly Away.

Griffin & Kaelyn were suppose to sing Noah's Arky, Arky, and the B.I.B.L.E....as Kaelyn Said..."Actually I was the only one singing"..."Griffin should have been singing". Kaelyn is all about following the rules and well Griffin was more about entertaining the crowd with his guitar...He had the entire crowd laughing and the more they laughed the more he fed off of it and hammed it up all the more! Heaven help us! The guitar was his idea and he insisted that he had to have it to sing on stage! I guess I know why now!

Here's Kaelyn doing an excellent job singing! I was so proud of her! The girls along with some of their other 3rd cousins did a karaoke to High School Musical's "Get your Head in the Game"...but they were busy beboppin all over the stage and aisle's that I didn't get a good picture. But they were very entertaining as well!

Les got in on the Karaoke also...his girls signed him up to do Macho Man!! Well Griffin came along to be his guitar man! Do you even have to ask were Griffin gets his talent from???? Les says it's me...I said a picture says 1000 words...it's definitely not me!

Well needless to say this is how we all felt after a long two days of family reunions but lots of memories were made to last for a life time.

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun