Megan's First time at Orthodontist ~~Expander & Braces for Megan starting in 6 months.
Griffin's First Day of Preschool ~~ Big Smiles and Big nap in the afternoon!
Griffin just ran in the door as soon as he opened the door he said "See Ya!"...I said Mommy is going to walk you in...he did exactly as his big sister Natalie had coached him (after all it's her alma mater)...he put his back back on the line of pegs on the wall and walked over to the play area and found some cars to play with...he did it so fast that I had to hunt for him in the play area. He was such a big boy and didn't even need his Mommy :-( When I picked him up he came running with a big hug for me!! :-) They learned the letter A and made an Apple and Griffin actually wrote capital A and lower case a! Miss Brenda & Miss Peggy (I hope Griffin said that right he had been saying Miss Piggy!!) must be miracle workers with him! He told me he had apple jacks for a snack and they sang the song "I like to eat apples and bananas". I was so proud of him! He was wore out and took a big nap in the afternoon!
My poor little baby girls! This was right after their First CC Meet at NE Dubois in at hot balmy 92 degrees! They ran their hearts out...they are still learning how to handle all their breathing and pacing and were crying at the end just because they didn't know how to calm down all that at once...but they still had fun. There were 122 girls from 12 teams that ran in this Jr. High meet. We have 12 girls on our team, 11 ran last night, one of our girls is injured right now so she didn't run last night. Natalie came in 32nd over all and was #2 girl for Barr-Reeve. Megan was running with a blister on her foot and came in 92nd the coach told them to run out fast and try to stay out in front...so Megan pretty much sprinted the first half of the race and didn't have much gusto in the end...but she still finished and I'm proud of her....Cross Country is such a mental game...so that's what Megan needs to work on....but for being their very first race I think it was bit overwhelming with running with that many girls and trying to figure out exactly where they needed to stay in the race and running in unfamiliar territory. Below is a picture of Megan racing up one of the hills...she is the little one on the outside about 3rd from the front with red shirt and black shorts on. With that many girls running it sounded like a herd of horses going by.
They gave ribbons to the top 50 runners so Natalie was pretty excited about that! They have their next meet on Saturday, so hopefully with the first meet over some of their nerves and anxiety will be put aside...at least I'm hoping mine will be! They came running by me during the race and they looked so scared and unsure...it was all I could do... not to cry for them! I had to remind them they are 3rd and 4th graders running against mostly 7th & 8th graders...so they were awesome in my opinion! By the way aren't their uniforms cool! They got new ones this year...I thought how nice of the school to do that for my girls first year! (just kidding they just lucked out) Barr-Reeve girls definitely would have won the best dressed award~I know that doesn't matter in running but you know they are girls afterall!
Megan & I both had ortho appointments yesterday...I have passed on genetically malaligned jaw and teeth to all of my children!!! Couldn't I have passed something better to them!! Dr. Helms told us that as soon as Megan's premolars grow in the rest of the way she will need to get an expander for the top and she will have to wear at bottom retainer type thing while she goes through the expansion (Just like I did!) and they are going to start her in braces at the same time. So she will go back on March 5th (my b-day) and see if her teeth have come in all the way and if so they will start treatment then. Dr. Helms said there are only 3 types of expanders that she uses and now with Megan getting an expander we have used all three in our family...The girls in the office were teasing me that they are going to get a gold plate and engrave it and put in on one of the chairs just for us! I was just there with Natalie on Friday and was there twice yesterday once for Megan and the second time for me...My appointment was awesome because I got to have the wire that was across the roof of my mouth removed!!! I can finally now rub my tongue across the roof of my mouth and actually eat food with out it getting stuck between the wire and the roof of my mouth!! It's the little things in life you take for granted! It is also a sign that I'm half-way through my braces!! :-) Now I pray I don't loose any expansion with the wire off because if so I may have to get it put back in at my next appointment!
So after all that yesterday on top of all my other daily things...I decided I may not be a runner but I'm definitely the Mom on the RUN!! And with that being said I'm off to go get some cleaning products for the turkey barns and few other errands!




1 comments:
Susie,
Cross Country is hard...on the parents. Dillon started running in 5th grade and is still running and Bridge started in 5th grade and only lasted one year.
Sue
Post a Comment