Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gibson Southern CC Meet


We brought home more ribbons today!!! Yeah Natalie & Megan!! The Gibson Sounther CC course was held at the Toyota Plant Complex. They had an "A race" and a "B race". The A race was for each teams top 7 runners...Natalie was in this race as she finished #2 for Barr-Reeve at the last meet.



Here she is running to the finish line durign the A race....She was Awesome if I do say so myself! She finished #20 with a time of 13:23!! Their team ended up finishing 5th out of 10 to 12 teams. So they did very well! I think I'm going to call Natalie Mighty Mouse..she is so much littler than the other runners!


Megan got to run in the B race since she was #9 for Barr-Reeve girls at the last meet. Here she was in 3rd place closing the gap in on the #2 runner at the time. She ended up finishing 2nd overall with a time of 14:33...way better than her 19 something minutes at the last race! She ran awesome as well! In both races they gave ribbons to the top 30 runners.


Since Megan finished in the top 10 of her race she got to go up on the trailer to receive her ribbon!! I think she was a little embarrassed! But check out how much smaller she is than the rest of the girls! Way to go Mae-Mae!!


Here is the cheering section, Griffin & Kaelyn! They had alot of fun playing together while the girls were running. Aunt Lisa also brought Grandma Gwen along to watch the race, which was a nice surprise for Megan & Natalie. My BFF, Kiersten, who lives in e-ville, came up to watch...She was awesome at helping me juggle my camera and take pictures for me while I ran around like crazy mom checking on my girls, making sure they were where they need to be! And Aunt Carrie, Uncle Kevin, & Connor rode down with me to watch the girls race and make sure I got to the right place! So the girls had a nice family cheering section! It's always nice to have Uncle Kevin at the race....he was awesome at coaching the girls along to the finish!!
Here's Megan after receiving her ribbon!! She looks sooooooo much better than she did after her first meet!! Plus the 2nd place ribbon helped to put a smile on her face.
This is Natalie when we got home...she wanted to take a picture of both of her ribbons and her reward of a Hershey's chocolate bar for winning a ribbon! I had a chocolate bar waiting for her in the cooler at the last meet and today after the meet....she said "mom did you bring me any chocolate?" And in the rush out the door this morning...I totally forgot...well she was a little put out with me...but was all smiles when I gave it to her when we got home! Did I happen to mention she LOVES Chocolate???? Also did you notice the "pink streak" on the right side of her hair???? She went to a b-day party last night and all the girls got to use this machine to wrap a piece of their hair with string. I told her the pink streak must have made her run faster!! Her coach suggested that she put a few more in for the next race! ha ha.
So all in all it was a good day and we enjoyed being out in the sunshine but it's nice to be home and relax until the next race!

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun