Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life with a BOY ~ TimeOUT in Preschool!

I picked Griffin up today at Preschool....only to have the teachers inform me he had to sit in Time-Out today!!! My first reaction in my mind...we've managed to get Megan & Natalie to the 4th and 3rd grades without ever having any time-outs, cards flipped, principle office visits, etc....And the 3rd week of preschool my son, the boy, is sitting in time-out! Go figure!!

I glanced at Griffin who was over getting his back pack while the teachers were telling me what he did...his face was very flushed and red, that happens when he knows he's in serious/danger situation! So the teachers proceed to tell me another little boy had his head under a bucket?? (why his head was under there I don't know) but I guess Griffin thought it would be neat to sit on top of the bucket while the other little boys head was still under there!!! YIKES!!! Thank goodness the other little boy was not harmed! The teachers had a talk with him and told him that he could have hurt the other little boy and he understood...and me of course right away.... I said Did you tell your teachers and the little boy you were sorry? And they both right away said Yes he did....and I must have had a horrified look on my face and she said "He's a BOY!"....he'll be OK.

So Griffin and I proceed to the van with me lecturing him the entire time...."You know if you get in trouble at school....you get in trouble at home." His reply...."I said I was sorry" over and over and he was very sincere...with big sad blue eyes....well all I can say is thank goodness for Daddy who has the real back bone when it comes to disciplining! Because his momma can almost be sucked in by those eyes!!

When Les came in the house he didn't even have to say anything....Griffin ran up to Les and said "I said I was sorry!" Bless his heart he was trying so hard to undo his actions. So Yes...after another lecture from his Dad...Griffin got his spanking...and understood that even though he was sorry there are still consequences for the poor choices he makes. Then we also prayed with him to ask God to forgive him for disobeying the rules and to help him to remember to make good choices!

Can anyone give me the hotline to raising a boy???

4 comments:

Tera said...

Since your families seem to mimic each other, I hope you are taking notes in case my next kid is a boy! ;)

Tera said...

Oops, that's supposed to say "our" families.

Laura Raber said...

Susie - if you find the hotline please let me know ;-) But...sounds like you already did...great with the prayers...the photo class is online through community college...you can download a trial of the software at www.adobe.com

Chelsa said...

i need that hotline too somedays :)

Holiday World

Family Fun