Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting ready for baby turkeys!

We have baby turkeys that are going to be arriving soon! So Griffin and I went over to help fill the feeders to get the barn ready. It's amazing in just a few short months how much stronger and better his corridination is! He really was a big help and poured the feed out of his scoop into the feeders without ever missing the feeder too much. Below is pictures of him scooping feed out of the wheel barrow with Neal and helping grandpa fill the feeders. He only tripped a couple of times over the cardboard rings when he was getting in a hurry and had to be reminded to slow down a few times and to "step high" over the rings.

He was very excited that he got to climb the ladder and turn off the feed lever! Grandpa Keith is so good to take time and teach Griffin how things work around the farm.


After we got all the feeders full...Griffin was begging to stay and help work...he even said..."I can just watch!" So in order to get him to go home with me...which is no fun at all compared to farming....I told him he could go see the big turkeys before we left. He always likes to see what they are up to.

When we work in the brooder building we always have to either dip our shoes in a cleaning solution or where these plastic bag/boot over our shoes to prevent spread of disease into the brooder. So I chose to go with wearing the plastic over my shoes yesterday and Griffin noticed it and said "Mommy why are you wearing glass boots??" my reply..."Because I'm Cinderella"....Our fairytale is a little different from the original but I wouldn't trade it for anything!



3 comments:

Sue said...

Susie,

I think that is so wonderful that you can be with Griffin on the farm. And spending time with his grandpa is precious and definitely character building. He's a very lucky young man!

Jamie A. said...

Susie, can't believe your babies are this big already!!! Tera Knepp introduced Jenny and I to blogger so we have our own blogs now!! You'll have to check them out! We really enjoy yours!

marlenemgraber said...

hi susie! it's marlene. i was randomly googling "graber" the other night and was reading about these graber's in iowa and came across a comment you left them and was like "that's the susie i know!" and that's how i found your blog. :)

i can't believe how big your kids are getting! they're beautiful. i hope you and les are doing great. i'm still living in myrtle beach, sc. tell les i said hello!

Holiday World

Family Fun