Friday, September 26, 2008

Cubbies Train Ride at the Park

Griffin's Awana Cubbies class had a special field trip to the Washington Park on Wednesday night !! Train Conductor Darrell had volunteered to come out during the week and treat them to a train ride! Griffin enjoyed the ride very much and watched Darrell the entire time...I think he was thinking....can I run this thing?? He's giving me the peace sign meaning all things are good!
The Awana Puggles ( 2 & 3 year olds) also got to come along...Griffin's cousin Miss Akaysha is in the Puggles class...her mommy, Audrey, and Grandma Debbie read my blog...so I thought they might enjoy seeing her....although I must say she is a hard little one to catch on my camera...particular with my camera being on it's last leg...everytime I caught her looking my way...my camera being so stinkin slow...by the time it took the picture she looked away!! But I think she is still a little cutie with her piggy tales...if my camera would have been cooperating I would have taken a picture of her on the bus...she looked so cute peeking up over the seats to see out the bus! Oh well you'll just have to imagine that picture.
I did manage to get this picture of her looking up at the bus...she was really studying it...trying to figure it all out...Isn't she just a little sweetie pie.
They kids got to have snacks and kool-aid in one of the shelter houses after their train ride and then they all headed back to the bus. Here is a picture of all the Cubbies..there were around 20 of them and only 5 of them are boys. This is before getting back on the bus to come home...some were not very happy that they didn't get to stay and play and it was 8:00 p.m. close to bed time for alot....but it was a fun evening and Griffin enjoyed the school bus ride just as much as the train ride...especially seeing the 4 deer out the window on the way back to church!

There were alot of volunteers that went along to keep all cubbies and puggles together and made it a very special treat for all of them.

1 comments:

Chelsa said...

brycen had a blue fuzzy blanket w/ a silky edge! he still loves it too :) and honestly, i still have my blankie :) "pink blankie" i'm a big baby! lol. shh.. don't tell! haha.

Holiday World

Family Fun