Friday, January 9, 2009

Chef Megan

My little Chef Megan decided she wanted to make these "Cheesy Potato Head" potatoes for supper. Les was going to the store for milk and she decided at last minute she wanted to make these so she grabbed the recipe card and off to the store she went with her daddy and came home with all the ingredients. I think she did pretty good getting them together. They are essentially a dressed up twice baked potato. I helped her scoop the potatoes out and made the broccoli but other than that she pretty much did them all by herself! They were pretty yummy too! We couldn't convince Natalie & Griffin to try them because of the olives but Les, Megan, & I all enjoyed them. It made supper time a little more fun! I think next time we will have to get the bigger pretzels to make it look more like the recipe card but she came pretty close to making them look like the recipe card. The recipe cards were a Christmas Gift to the kids from me. I thought it might be a good way for them to try some new and different foods!

3 comments:

Leah Robinson said...

Ok those are WAY too cute!!!! Megan can come visit our home anytime, preferably around 6pm :) Ha ha!

Jamie Truelove said...

cute...and yummy. We make twice baked potatoes and freeze them...they are wonderful and so easy to just grab and heat up:)

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Very cute! I used to love to make new "creations" for supper, some were good, some not so good! I hope Emily likes to play in the kitchen, I sure do!

Holiday World

Family Fun