Sunday, January 25, 2009

Megan's Broken Foot


(Megan helped design this scrapbook page...love the fake tattoo we put on her leg?)


So I'm not getting the mother of the year award for this! My poor little Megan hurt her foot last Sunday down at my brothers house...She stepped her foot backwards and stepped right on a ball that she didn't see. She cried and I knew she hurt it but I figured she just twisted maybe sprained her foot a bit. So I made her walk around on it all week until Friday I finally took her in to the doctor because she was still limping on it just to make sure it was healing OK. Well wouldn't you know right there on the x-ray showed a fracture of the 5th Metatarsal on her right foot! I felt horrible because here I made her hobble to school and everything! They told it us it might heal in 3 weeks but probably more like 6 weeks. She goes back in 3 weeks for follow up x-ray and if it is healed then she is all clear but if not then she will wear it for another 3 weeks. So she is to do no running or jumping until it is healed. Hopefully it will be fully healed in time for us to go on our vacation to TEXAS in March. She really has been a trooper and hasn't complained or fussed about it too much! I think having a baby cousin born this week helped take her mind off of it! She love's him so much! Here's a picture from my MIL camera of Kaelyn & Alton at home...I couldn't forget to mention them...they are doing good and glad to be home!

He's still the sweetest thing isn't he!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey girl. No worries--my parents didn't think I needed glasses when I was a kid (they thought I wanted them because all my BFFs had them) and so when I finally complained enough and my teacher said I couldn't see the board, imagine their surprise when my optometrist said my eyesight was bad news bears.

You are a great mom and your kiddos know that!

Leah Robinson said...

Poor Megan, hope it heals soon!!! We thought we saw you guys Saturday nite at the movies...Hunter and I were sitting in the middle row at Hotel for Dogs.....there were quite a few people in between us, so we couldn't get over to say hello!

Tera said...

Oh no! I hope it heals quickly! I haven't heard about this Texas trip?!! Exciting! BTW, when I have my next baby, I think I'll enlist you to make some cute scrapbook pages for me! :)

Holiday World

Family Fun