Saturday, January 3, 2009

Life with a Boy ~ Hiding

So I'm working cleaning up the downstairs yesterday. The girls plus 2 extra girls, cousins Kaelyn & Taylor from Florida, & Griffin were all playing upstairs. I'm not really sure what they were playing but some how Griffin pushed Taylor and she hit her back on the corner of the wall. Mind you with 4 girls there is going to be alot of DRAMA! Anyway Meg & KK came running down to tell me what happened. (which by the way I heard Griffin say he usual..."I said I was sorry". The girls made it sound alot worse than it was...I went to check on Taylor, They told me she was crying, but there were no tears and no marks of injury, so I suggested she just got sit on the soft couch awhile and watch some cartons on TV...so as I was getting everyone settled into a TV break.... After getting the girls settle...I realize the "boy" is missing out of this little group.

I was looking for him to join in on the chill out session in front of the TV and to tell him my endless speech of how he needs to "settle down and not play rough" ...I know he is a boy...and this the day after he got his fill of wrestling with his 5 BIG boy cousins ages 7-18! Ok so that is a side note and on with my story.

I asked the girls where Griffin was since they were all up there with him. Of course they all KNEW what he did wrong but none could tell me where he went. They just said he went running out of the room. So I look through every room in the upstairs and can't find him. So I enlisted the help of the 4 Drama Queens and told them to look under every bed, closet, chair, couch, etc...We did that and moved onto the main floor and the basement...No Griffin. We went back upstairs and did a second check run through the upstairs rooms. Still No Griffin! I am assuming he is probably hiding and sleeping somewhere...both the girls did the hide and fall asleep to me at age 4 also..but still causes the heart to race of not knowing where they are! Anyway so I get on the phone with Les to see if he is outside...maybe Griffin snuck out there...I never heard or seen the door open/close as I was in the kitchen/computer area when all the drama unfolded...but I wouldn't put it past his sneakiness! Anyway Les was in the semi so he wasn't outside...so I head out the door...and Neal was standing in the drive so I hollered out and asked if he saw Griffin...of course No he didn't...so I head back in the house to look in the meantime...3 of the drama queens went outside screaming and yelling for him...of course they get grandpa's attention...so now we have 6 people looking for him!

I'm back in the house upstairs...now yelling in my DEAD SERIOUS VOICE..."GRIFFIN KEITH GRABER YOU ANSWER MOMMY!" well after about a minute of that I hear this tiny little voice saying "Mommy???" so I followed the voice and see him climbing out from under blankets and sleeping bags that were tucked way back in the corner of Les' closet...which mind you I had looked there at least 3 times...he must have been in the sleeping bag who knows...and he had just sat there quiet as can be for 10 to 15 minutes and no he wasn't sleeping he was just being out right defiant!! So relief was immediate as well as the Disciplining mode of Spanking and telling him everyone was looking for him and when someone calls him he is to answer immediately...so I put him in the corner and then went outside to meet Grandpa & Neal headed to the house... I let them know that I found him. Grandpa said well he needs to know not to scare everyone like that...I said well he's in the corner right now.

He apparently had took off and hid because he "thought" he was going to be in trouble because of the drama queens running to tell on him. I told him he wasn't in trouble for playing rough but NOW he was in trouble for hiding and not answering when everyone was looking for him. So after his time out in the corner we had our little discussion and made sure he understood why he was in trouble and we prayed and asked God to forgive him and I told him I loved him. And then he had to go lay down in his bed and take a nap...which he was not happy about...but I think with all the family gatherings he needed it...I had to actually go in and wake him up...after his 3 hours and he was still sleeping.

Of course when his daddy got home he got another little speech about how even if he thinks he is in trouble he is never to go hide and he is to take responsibility for his actions.

The girls both were about the same age when they did the same thing only they were just "hiding"...not because they thought they were in trouble....they just forgot to tell me we where playing hide & seek and they fell asleep because no one was seeking!

Like I said life is never dull in our family and the little boy keeps me hoppin!

1 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

how funny! I totally know the feeling. We couldn't find Jacob on christmas day...he was faintly yelling"help, help, help", but very quietly. Anyway, he had crawled in a decorative treasure chest and shut the lid...he didn't realize that the latch would close. Well, he was trapped...and traumatized...but not for long:)

Holiday World

Family Fun