Megan came home from school with a not so good grade on a quiz over a couple chapters of Old Yeller. Reading is one of her absolutely least favorite things to do. She LIKES being read to but for her to have to sit still and do it about drives her crazy. It is a struggle for me to get her to do it and I was about at my whits end when I remembered when Megan & Natalie were little....like ages 2 and 3...I used to pile blankets and pillows in the bathtub and let them climb in and look/read books to keep them occupied while I was fixing dinner. They used to LOVE it...so I thought I might as well try it again...so I fixed everything up and grabbed Megan's book and her hand and walked her in there and told her to get to reading! She looked at me as if I had lost my mind? I said don't you remember you & Natalie used to do this all the time? She had forgotten...well probably since that was in the Old bathroom and we have since remodeled the bathrooms and they look nothing like the old bathrooms now. But anyway...she climbed right in and started reading...mind you an hour before she had said how it would take her 4 hours to read the book and it was so boring, etc... Not 10 minutes later she is yelling my name to come in there...and she said "I might have to change my opinion about this book"! ha ha...I said well it is actually interesting when you READ it! She ended up finishing the 2 chapters she had to read in record time and was happy about it! PTL! So now she has decided any time she has a reading assignment that is where she is going to do it!
Italy Day 3 {Cinque Terre}
3 years ago




3 comments:
That is great! We used to make beds in our tub and want to sleep in there too!!! I hope I can be fun and creative when my kiddos are that age!!
you have so many good ideas...
You are a really cool mom....
I want to be like you when I grow up. :D
Post a Comment