Saturday, November 22, 2008

DQ with KK and supper with friends

Well Miss KK (Kaelyn Klopfenstein)
Had quite an ordeal on Thursday. She had to have 4 of her bottom teeth pulled at the dentist office. (see Lisa's blog for full details) I had talked to KK on her way to the dentist and told her if she was feeling up to it we would take her to DQ for ice cream. After the girls got home from school we headed over to DQ. Griffin & KK got Fudge bars...Natalie got her standard Dilly Bar, which she likes to eat the chocolate off first...I got a strawberry cheesecake blizzard...and Megan isn't much of a sweet eater so she decided on a cheeseburger for her treat.
We had a lot of fun and KK was teling us all about her experience at the dentist office. She even brought along this thingy in the below picture. It was used to administer the laughing gas...she got to choose which smell she wanted and she chose bubble gum. Then we were all using our imagination to figure out what it looked like...KK thought it looked like a dolphin..I said it looked like a pig snout...Griffin said it looked like a life jacket...Megan said it looked like a shirt....Natalie thought it looked like a monster with one eye. Anyway we were so proud of KK for being such a big girl and not even crying!!

Last night we had a spontaneous night out with some friends. Les & I got together with Mike/Theresa, Bobbi/Phil, and my Brother Kevin/Carrie. We went to the Schnitz in Jasper. Kevin & Carrie hadn't been there for close to 15 to 20 years because of bad/slow service and I convinced them it wasn't like that anymore...well guess what...we had to wait for our food because a party of 35 people got their order in before us and then when we got our food Carrie's order got over looked so she had to wait for her meal longer! YIKES...we still all had a good time having a night out visiting with friends and a few belly laughs to go along with it!



2 comments:

Sue said...

Susie, how do you get the pic in your header to be big? I can't figure it out. Help!

Jamie Truelove said...

Isn't it fun to go eat with adults?? You actually get to eat and chew and everything! I always say that I don't care about taste/service/etc...if someone else fixes me food, I'll eat it and b happy anyday!

Holiday World

Family Fun