Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving



We had a really nice small Thanksgiving celebration. I fixed lunch here at our home with Grandma & Grandpa Graber coming over. Megan & Natalie sat the table with the "Special Dishes". I started collecting Homer Laughlin Virginia Rose dishes soon after Les and I were married...it started from receiving a gift a bowl that used to be Les', Grandma Martha Graber, I thought it would be fitting since this was her home where she raised her 11 children and a way for us to always remember her. I by no means have a full collection of the dishes but a few pieces here and there and other Homer Laughlin dishes with similar patterns to fill in the gap. But the girls had fun getting them out of the cabinet and using the "good silverware". Les deep fried a couple of turkey breasts and it was very yummy! He takes pride cooking his turkey he has raised here on the farm! ha ha. He's getting to be quite a good chef!
After lunch and a few little cat naps. We all played a game of Charades. Grandma & Grandpa are so good about playing with the kids. Griffin and Megan were acting out "tickling". Grandpa was acting out "dust pan", Grandma was acting out "ring around the rosie".. and Natalie was acting out a "robot". It was alot of fun. We are very thankful for Grandma & Grandpa Graber. Did I ever tell you they are the GREATEST GRANDPARENTS EVER!! We are so blessed.

The kids also got to pack their bags and spend the night with them as I was headed off for my annual "BLACK FRIDAY" shopping adventurer the next morning! They had a blast staying there as always and Megan & Natalie got to do some sewing with grandma and came home with a pillow and blanket they made with grandma's help! No wonder I can never get them to leave...nothing is as fun than time with grandmas!

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun