So this is now my son's favorite phrase to say....it came from a book I purchased for him when I went to the WOF conference this summer. The title of the book is Will God's mighty warrior The Creepy Caves Mystery. The Author is Sheila Walsh, who is one of the WOF speakers. She is an amazing speaker and author and I have purchased alot of her Gigi God's Little Princess books for the girls and they love them as well...Well Griffin is no different he absolutely loves this book! Here is the last paragraph from the book...I think you'll see why he loves it.
Dear God, thank you for today. Thank you that Papa was there when I needed him. I'm glad You're always with me too. I'm sorry that I disobeyed. Please help me see some bats tomorrow. And it would be great if they were friendly and didn't poop on my head.
Amen.
Being how Sheila Walsh herself has a little boy..she must have known that thousands of other little boys would love it if she ended the story about poop! Griffin just laughed and laughed when he heard that for the first time. And now when I ask him to go pick out a book to read that is the first one he brings and about half-way through the book he starts saying help the bats be friendly and don't poop on my head!
You know I should be getting used to the fact that I have a little boy and he is all together different from my girls. But I guess because I am a girl myself I will never understand why boys...Big and Little alike...can find such humor in poop..and any other body secretions and gases...such as burping and farting! I just don't get it? But at age 4 it is pretty cute to see Griffin get so tickled and enjoying books even if it takes the word poop to get him interested! Only a mother of a boy would have the wisdom to include that in her story! I give Sheila Walsh 2 thumbs up and recommend the story for any other little boys.




2 comments:
i just wanted to tell you that i couldn't help but CRACK UP at your son singing "who let the dogs out" when i took him to the bathroom during church! he is soooo funny... we love having him in class!!
i'm def. going to have to check this book out :)
Post a Comment