Monday, November 24, 2008

Megan turned 10 on November 1, 2008 & John too!

Yes I'm a terrible mom...my Megan turned the big double digit 10 on November 1st and I am just now getting around to posting the pics...WARNING...This is a LONG POST!! For some reason my slide show isn't working so I just decided to post all the pages. Megan's birthday weekend was packed full of fun. Friday, 10-31-2008, she had some friends come over after school for makeovers and a movie. High school Musical 3 was on at Washington so that was sort of the "theme" for her birthday party. I enlisted the help from my "personal assistants" Chloe & Cassie...they were awesome at doing hair and makeup...while I was getting the "high school Lunch room" ready to serve them supper! I couldn't have done it without them plus the little girls thought it was awesome to have two "teenagers" helping them with the make-overs! We had chocolate cupcakes with HSM stickers of the characters from the movie that seemed to go over pretty well....as they came down stairs to enter the "lunch room" they all got to walk the "red carpet" and be introduced like a movie star. The girls really knew how to work the red carpet for the camera!

Then the girls ate their "brown bag lunches" which consisted of PBJs, chips, apple, and choice of pop! This was very easy clean up for me! Below is a picture of them chowing down!


Below are pictures of Megan's guests...some are cousins and some are friends from school and church. I am pretty sure they all had a blast!
Megan & her friend Meredith from church, she was born 5 days before Megan and have been friends since being in diapers!
These are a couple of friends from school.

Natalie was allowed to invite one of her friends to hangout with at Megan's party. They have been in the same class for the last couple of years.

Here's my assistants a.k.a. my nieces! Cassie also helped me transport girls to the movies now that she has her license! Yeah Me!
Here we finally arrived at the movies...following all the loud singing and giggling the entire way! I kept reminding myself I was 10 once! ha ha.... We also stopped by and picked up Connor to be Griffin's guest at the movies so he'd have another boy to hang out with. The kids took up an entire row at the movies! But everyone enjoyed Popcorn and I had found some plastic HSM cups so we could all share the popcorn and get the free refills! YUMMY!
I dropped all the girls off after the movies one lives southwest of Montgomery and another lives WAY SOUTH of Cannelburg, and another lives up by Boggs so I kind of made a tour of Daviess County which took about 1 hour to drop everyone off so it was about 10:00-10:30p.m. when we got home and the kids went straight to bed. Only to have to wake up early 6:00 a.m. on Megan's birthday Nov. 1, 2008, so she could open some presents before we headed off to Chloe's Cross Country State Meet that day.
I don't know if you can tell or not but Megan really isn't much of a morning person! I wish my scanner on my computer works...because I have a baby picture of Megan when she is about 9 months...and she has the same look on her face and stretching her arms the same way still doing it at age 10! ha ha

She did manage to wake up and enjoyed a few presents before we were off to Terre Haute. Her daddy made a special trip to the store and bought and wrote her a very nice note in a birthday card for her...I didn't even tell him to do it! For being a farmer I was pretty impressed with him!

After arriving home from the meet that night around 8:00 p.m. we had cake and ice cream to celebrate Megan and her cousin John's b-days. Megan was born on John's 6th birthday! I will always remember that I went into labor on the Saturday the 31st and we were suppose to be going to John's b-day party on Sunday the 1st and I made Les bring John's b-day present to the hospital because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be making it to the birthday party...so it has been pretty special to Megan to get to share her birthday with her cousin! And John turned 16 this year! WOW! Look out the state of Indiana will be issuing another Heller a driver's licenses! Look Out! (just joking)
We had a few of friends and family that also came over and it was a nice evening...even though I think we were really pooped out! Megan really enjoyed her birthday and I can't believe she is already 10! She is growing and maturing way faster than I sometimes can handle. She is such a blessing and very independant. She has such a big caring heart and loves babies and can't wait until Aunt Lisa has her baby boy...she is already telling me that she will be his babysitter because she is 10 now. And when she is 16 he will only be 6 and he will still need a babysitter. I told her she is getting the cart before the horse a little but it is a goal for her to shoot for! I'm not really sure where she gets her love for babies from?????? (just kidding) I was the exactly the same at her age. I'm sure there will be a race to who gets to hold baby K#2 first! ha ha. We love babies in this household!So I hope you enjoyed this long post of b-day pictures but it's just too hard to condense such a fun packed couple of days!









2 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

bdays are so fun...so much drama! I always fit right in!! Happy Birthday!

Chelsa said...

what an awesome girl party :)

Holiday World

Family Fun