Yes, My name is Susie Graber and I am a die-hard Black Friday Shopper! I look forward to that day every year! I go with a team of shoppers! Carrie, my SIL, her two daughters, a.k.a. my nieces, Courtney & Cassie, and my sister, Leanne...those have been the standby die-hards but this year we had two new recruits...two more of my nieces, Chloe, and Leanne's daughter, Jessica! We "Heller" women know how to take charge and dominate the sale racks! I awoke at 3:00 a.m. to get ready and be down at Carrie's to leave to hit the 5:00 a.m. Wal-mart deals! I can't release what purchases I made for that would give away Christmas surprises! We have a plan and every one takes their positions at different stations throughout Wal-mart to get what is on our list and then we catch back up at the check out. All went smoothly and we would have been out of their in 15 minutes had I not picked the cash register that was not programed with the Early Bird Specials...when the total came up to $750 dollars I was like uh that's not right! ha ha. I felt really bad for the cashier because the scanner was not working properly and the sale prices were not programed in their and she told her "supervisor" and she responded well you will just have to watch it...bless her heart...I was her first customer...at 5:00 a.m. so I hope they got it fixed for her next 1000 customers that were going to come through that day. Anyway after finally getting everything straightened out by 5:30 a.m. we were on our way to E-ville to catch up with Leanne & Jessica. They conquered the Wal-mart in Evansville while we went to Dick's and then caught up with them at the Mall. We have so much fun when we all get together and Cassie, Chloe, & Jessica kept us laughing most of the day. Poor Jessica, a lady at Wal-mart kept pushing her cart into her and finally my sister, Leanne, said excuse me but you keep pushing your cart into my daughter...the lady's response was "well thats going to happen today"! Give me strength we are die-hard shoppers but we never forget our manners! We finished up at the Mall and hit, Family Christian Book Store, Toys R Us, Justice, Rue 21, TJ Maxx, Target, Kohls, and Gander Mountain! The best deals of the day in my opinion were Cassie's $70 pair of boots for $25 and two jackets I bought for $15 each...one was a carhartt for Megan and the other was winter coat from Gymboree for Griffin! The $$$ saving deals makes the entire day worth it not to mention time getting to visit with the girls!

These are just some pictures of our fun day.
This was after we ate at Logan's after nearly 19 hours of shopping at this point everyone was getting a little slap happy! And Cassie, well she was just in rare form and I've learned a few new quotes from her and can honestly say "Cassie, you ARE the cheese in my macaroni!" And I can't wait until next year to do the shopping all over again! I know Megan & Natalie will be begging to go next year now that they know Jessica came this year! We'll just have to wait and see! I got home around 12:45 a.m. It was actually about an hour earlier than usual! ha ha...But I must say I'm almost completely done shopping! Yeah Me!




1 comments:
Did you really shop for 21 hours straight? We went at 430 am and got home at 630...we were totally beat! No one understands why anyone would go on black friday, but if you've ever been with fun people, you'd go again! We take a group every year too...we have a blast...this yr. was me, Brittany Ash (new recruit last yr), Darla Knepp, her daughter Megan, and Jodi Knepp (Eldon)...can't wait til next yr!
Post a Comment