Saturday was our church, Harvest Community Fellowship's Easter Egg Hunt. I was asked to organize the egg hunt, it was my first time to ever do something like this as well as it was the first time our church ever hosted an egg hunt. I had several helpers that I could not have pulled it off without their help. So a BIG THANK YOU to all that helped me out! I also had hid the "Resurrection Eggs" in with the rest of the regular eggs. Then after all the kids were done hunting eggs we had a short story time and had the children who found those eggs bring the egg to me and we went through the story of the resurrection eggs together.
Kaelyn, Griffin, & Megan all found one of the 12 resurrection eggs and were great help as well as the other kids. The kids who found the resurrection eggs received an easter egg filled with play-doh in exchange for the resurrection egg.
This is Megan & Natalie hunting eggs at our new church building.
Kaelyn, Griffin, & Mallory hunting eggs.
KC was too old for the Easter egg hunt but he was great help setting up and hiding eggs and after the egg hunt he helped Connor open his eggs. KC also helped with stuffing the eggs with candy too. I think all in all it went pretty well and I didn't see any disappointed kids. The only thing is with the BRIGHT sunshine the chocolate candy melted in the eggs? I never would of thought in that short time it would have melted but I'm sure with a pop in the refrigerator for a little while the chocolate would harden back up. But I'll have to remember that for the next time, if there is a next time. I also made up treat bags with snacks and juice pouches so everyone got to take one of those home with them too! It was really special to have the egg hunt at our new building, (the old washington catholic school building). I'm really excited about the possibilities our church has with this new building. We are still in the transition stages and there's lots of work to still be done but the possibilities are exciting to think what God has in store for us there and what He can do using our church in that building and in the community.




5 comments:
you did a wonderful job! ava and sean had a blast!! thank you!
What a great hunt - great job!
it's a lot of hard work, but leaves the kids with precious memories...we used the resurrection eggs too...kids love them.
great job susie! cute ideas :)
What a great idea to include the resurrection eggs in with the other ones! We open a resurrection egg each day to discuss the story and prepare for Easter.
Post a Comment