Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life with a Boy ~ pure Griffin

My little man keeps me on my toes. He can drive me absolutely crazy with his disobedience like riding his bike in the middle of the road without a care in the world after I told him not to, causing me to RUN 1/4 mile after him because a 4 year old is much faster than a 37-year-old momma (I guess that's God's way of getting me to exercise), to getting lost in the shoe aisle of Kohl's and having to hunt for him...all within 24 hour period of time...But then he is just the sweetest little thing when I'm tucking him in bed...when he replies to me all on his own "Your Pretty Mommy" and then he decided to "sing" his prayers last night...it went something like this: (remeber he's singing)

Thank yoooooou God that you are everywhere and awake all the timeeeeeeeee, except for that one time you took a nap after you created the worldddddddddddddd. You took a nap on the last dayyyyyyyy. Help me not to get lost in the store and to stay with mommy and not to ride my bike in the road. Amennnn.

I love his own big boy prayers even when he is singing them....of course only hours earlier I was downstairs and heard him upstairs singing one of his made up songs about none other than "Farting"...yes he's a boy...driving me crazy one minute and sweet lovin the next!

4 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

I can so relate to Griffin and you...I have a 3yr old Griffin and the joys totally outweigh the struggles, but at those trying moments, you can't help but release some of that "energy" we mothers are blessed with. The little prayers are so sweet and I've noticed, with my kids, when they pray it's always for someone else...never for themselves...so sweet and so compassionate...I hope this terrible world doesn't change their hearts as they grow up...

MamaDuck76 said...

Ahhh, so this is what I have to look forward to, huh? Thanks for sharing the SWEET moments, too...those are probably the ones that get you through the crazy moments of raising a boy!

The photo in your new header is beautiful, by the way!

Tera said...

What a little sweetheart...love his prayer. :)

Chelsa said...

i think him and brycen are brothers at heart :) hehe they are so much alike it is kind of scary!

Holiday World

Family Fun