It's pretty exciting news around here tonight!! I couldn't wait until morning to post! The girls had their Jr. High Blue Chip Conference Meet at their home course at the Gasthof...and they showed that they owned that course!! Miss Natalie lead the entire race all the way to the END!! She was 1st place!! Megan did just as well and FINISHED 5th place with a big SMILE on her face!! The girls are sleeping now...so I'll have to post their times tomorrow...Megan broke 13:00 and set a new PR as well as Natalie set a new PR for herself!! Below is a picture taken during the race...Natalie is leading the pack and Megan is in 2nd place at that spot of the race.
(Update)
Natalie PR= 12:32
Megan PR= 12:55
Top 30 runners got ribbons and Top 12 runners are considered "All-Conference" and the Top 5 runners got to bring home trophies! Can you tell they were just a little HAPPY along with their PROUD UNCLE KEVIN!! It was pretty exciting for them and us to hear them announce their names and get their trophies...especially when they announced "The winner of the Jr. High Blue Chip Conference from Barr-Reeve...who happens to be a 3rd grader...Natalie Graber"...The entire crowd gasped when they said she was a 3rd grader...and then they broke out into a HUGE cheer! Natalie said I wasn't sure what to do because normally only our team cheers and she said but everyone was cheering this time! She's so funny!
Special suprise for Megan & Natalie was Grandma & Grandpa Graber came to watch them run!! That means alot especially since the combine was going in the corn field and Grandpa took a break to see them run!! As well as Aunt Lisa, Uncle Doug, & Kaelyn came to cheer them on too! Along with standby Aunt Carrie & Connor...were there to cheer them on...Connor told Megan...I knew you could make top 5!! He's quite the little coach!! I know that meant alot to me and the girls that they were there to see them run their best race of the year!!
Below is a picture of all their team, which came in 4th place...first race they have won team ribbons! Several of the girls were in the top 30 and received ribbons as well! I was so proud of them all!
The first thing the girls did when we got home was hot-tailed it out to the field where Daddy was running the combine! Daddy keep Big Red Combine going while Grandpa went to the race..but when the corn is ready it has to be done!
The girls understand the hard work and sacrifices that come with living on a farm so they just got their hugs & kisses from Daddy in the combine along with a couple of rounds in the combine! Well of course you know I can't leave Griffin out...he runs all over the place at the meets but He right away booted his sisters out of the combine so he could finish up workin with his dad!
OK so this proud momma is off to bed!



9 comments:
If the USA should host the 2016 olympics, I think we have the inside line on getting tickets. Way to go GRABER GIRLS!
Woo Hoo!! Way to go girls!!
I am so proud of you girls! It was like AWESOME beyond AWESOME. I had to shed a tear too! I wish we would have stayed for the awards (sorry) or come back. LOVE YA!
Way to go, girls!! You're awesome!!
Hey Susie!!
I came by to check out your blog!! Thanks for leaving the comment on mine =) Good job to the girls too!!!
AWESOME! I ran A Race like that but mine was called "Cow Chip' and the chips where brown not blue!Guess What I set a PR in my "chip" race too
-Jessica Annette Is Purdy!
Congratulations! That's incredible...take care of thoe knees girls...they just might get you a college scholarship!! :-)
Natalie informed me the other night that there only 2 kinds of people... Grabers, and those who want to be Grabers. Success will not go to her head, I just think she is her daddy's girl.
That's an amazing time for both girls! I remember some girls on my high school cross country team with those times! WOW!!! 3rd & 5th graders!!! You go girls!!!
Post a Comment