Saturday, October 25, 2008

Road Trip with Lisa ~ California


I have an awesome SIL, who invited me to come along as a travel mate on her business trip to New Port Beach, California!! It was beautiful, very wealthy community, definitely different from our life on the farm, but fun to see how other parts of the world live. Lisa had meetings during the day so one day I hung out at the spa getting a manicure/pedicure, which was very nice. The next day I went down to Corona Del Mar, another beach about 3 miles away, in search to find my children some "california rocks"...that was quite a mission...it's mostly concrete and sand..not even landscape rocks! After climbing around on the BIG Rocks and coves there I managed to dig a few small stones. California this time of year also has STINKIN FOG! It's different than fog here...the air may be clear when you wake up and then the fog comes in off of the ocean. I stayed there until 2p.m. and still fog...so I headed over to Balboa Island which is off of New port Beach and it was completely Sunny there and it is only a couple of miles up beach from there? California weather was very confusing to me...but I was glad it was sunny because Lisa and I took a narrated harbor cruise and found out interesting facts...i.e.. the big rocks and coves I was climbing around on was actually where "Gilligan's Island" yacht shipwrecked! Too Funny and also we saw some GORGEOUS Multi-million dollar homes on the shore line....along with their fancy yachts. We also got to see SEA LIONS in the harbor as well...that was pretty cool. We had some AMAZING seafood and watched the sunset...with minor interruption from a california gal being drama queen on the beach with some not so nice language explaining how "Some rich guy Sirgio ruined her life". ...I told Lisa maybe she was an inspiring actress practicing some lines while walking the sunset beach??? Because I was thinking she was pretty much in need of a psychiatrist! Oh well gave us something to laugh about. Our plane was scheduled to leave from Newport Beach on Wednesday at 7:15 a.m. and they loaded us on the plane at 6:45 a.m. only to tell us there was a curfew and no airplane could be in the air before 7:00 a.m. and then guess what!?! STINKIN CALIFORNIA FOG...we sat on the runway for about 1 1/2 hours which in turn made us miss our flight out of Minneapolis to Indianapolis and had to wait to catch the next flight...which we thought was suppose to take 2 hours to fly into Indy ended up only taking 1 1/2 hours...which we were glad for...we ended up getting home about 10:00 p.m. It was nice to get away on the spontaneous trip but even better was coming home to my 3 Bambino's running out the door and jumping up giving me GREAT BIG HUGS & KISSES!
Thanks to Kevin & Carrie for keeping the girls and Grandma Gwen for keeping Griffin! They had alot of fun there...I couldn't have done it without them!! They are the BEST and made my cross-country trip happen....
Speaking of CROSS COUNTRY....stayed tuned for my next post about CHLOE HELLER....state qualifier....Did I happen to mention she's my niece???

2 comments:

Laura Raber said...

Susie...you look more like sisters than SIL!!! I'm sure you've heard that before. Glad you had a good time...I rather enjoy the crazy California weather!

MamaDuck76 said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! How refreshing to get to take a break from the everyday life, head to CA, and just enjoy yourself :)

Your new blog header photo is hilarious, by the way!

Holiday World

Family Fun