Les had been tinkering with the little blue 4-wheeler to get it running for Griffin. He finally had a chance to get it running and pulled it out of the shop late Monday afternoon and let Griffin take it for a spin. I guess he's a little bit of a wild thing on it and only ran into one tree in the backyard! Thank goodness this momma was in the house and did not witness that! I'm leaving all the driving lessons up to Les because I'm sure that my nerves cannot handle it! 
(excuse me where did my baby go??)
Don't get me wrong, I know that 4-wheelers are GRAND FUN and I enjoy it myself. But when I told them I wanted to take a picture and this is the what ALL 3 of them did without prompting......hunkered down in racing positions! I could see the "need for speed" in their eyes and frankly as their mother that just makes me a tad bit nervous and I'm not really sure I'm ready to have all 3 of my children on 4-wheelers!
See what I'm talking about...look at that face she is definitely in speedy mode! I'm thankful that she stopped and I didn't get run over in the process of taking the picture!
Before you think we are totally crazy for letting our kids on 4-wheelers, it was supervised and was a trial run for Griffin. As you can see his coaches were out there the entire time!

Neal was around to give his advice on the matter as well! Seeing Griffin on the 4-wheeler reminds me of Neal when he was a little boy. He was about the same age Griffin is now when Les & I got married and he used to ride his little 4-wheeler down to the farm almost every day! And now look he's one of the farmers working on this farm! How cool is that! I don't know if you can see the look on Griffin's face but this is when his daddy was telling him they had to put it up for the night. Griffin's response was "But Daddy, I still want to ride!"
I guess Megan & Natalie thought they needed to take a break from all the action. They are so goofy. They were not too crazy about having to come into the house either. And of course Megan happened to find mud to run through while she was on the 4-wheeler and came in with muddy shoes and mud on her pants...I guess that makes it all the more fun!
Neal was around to give his advice on the matter as well! Seeing Griffin on the 4-wheeler reminds me of Neal when he was a little boy. He was about the same age Griffin is now when Les & I got married and he used to ride his little 4-wheeler down to the farm almost every day! And now look he's one of the farmers working on this farm! How cool is that! I don't know if you can see the look on Griffin's face but this is when his daddy was telling him they had to put it up for the night. Griffin's response was "But Daddy, I still want to ride!"
I guess Megan & Natalie thought they needed to take a break from all the action. They are so goofy. They were not too crazy about having to come into the house either. And of course Megan happened to find mud to run through while she was on the 4-wheeler and came in with muddy shoes and mud on her pants...I guess that makes it all the more fun!




3 comments:
I was just thinking about forwheelers the other day.. My dad got me my first little fourwheeler for my 5th birthday!! are you serious.. Lillie is going to be 5 in July.. That is scary.. And not to frighten you, but the first time i rode my fourwheeler I was watching everyone behind me and my Megan went under the front and out the back...:) could have been worse, thankfully she was ok... but it would be even scarier to have Lillie on one... Good Luck..
My point exactly Abby!! It's a lot different when you are the MOM isn't it! Some how God wises you up when you become a mom! ha ha.
Oh- looks like fun!! Braylee has already asked me when she can have another play date at Griffins...she wants to do the slip-n-slide again! :) Maybe Griffy can give her a ride too? Happy Belated Birthday- Did you get my card?
Post a Comment