Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Family Vacation ~ Day 1


We thoroughly enjoyed our family vacation and because of the vast amount I want to scrapbook and remember and lack of time to do it all in one setting, I'll be posting day by day. We flew to Texas and had an early flight out on Friday, March 13th. So we decided to go up Thursday night and stay at a hotel that had a shuttle to the airport and allowed you to park your vehicle at the hotel while you are away thus avoiding paying for airport parking. I wasn't sure how that was all going to work out but I must say I HIGHLY recommend it. We set record time I'm sure getting out of the airport when got home. We landed, stopped by a Harley-Davidson store in the airport (for Les), retrieved our luggage, and was in the shuttle back to the airport, with 3 kids in tow mind you, all in 15 Minutes! I was in shock and couldn't believe it, I'm sure it was a God thing! Anyway the first night at the hotel, we basically just slept there but the kids were so excited and managed to enjoy the short time we were there. It is a fairly new hotel since Indy airport has an entire new terminal now so the room had a really nice flat screen TV. So we had the weather channel on checking out what weather Texas had in store for us, and Griffin right away went and stood by the TV and said "Look I'm the weather man!". He's so funny. He pretty much loves to watch the weather with me and that's one of the occupations he wants to be aside from being a farmer. There was a nifty little couch area that Griffin thought he was going to sleep on with Natalie but only lasted there about 5 minutes before coming over to our bed and said "Can I sleep with you daddy!" Too sweet....but daddy convinced him to sleep in the other bed with Megan. We had to leave the hotel by 4:45 a.m. to catch the shuttle to the airport. I had put the kids to bed in their clothes they were going to wear so all they had to do was jump out of bed and brush hair and teeth and away we went. They are super good travelers and everything went smoothly. The hotel even had their continental breakfast set out so we were able to grab a quick bite before heading over to the airport.....and that begins day 2...stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

our boys could be brothers! brycen loves to watch the weather or even listen to the weather on the radio and then he repeats it all back to us :) tooo cute!

Tera said...

So glad you made it back ok. I can't wait to hear all about your vacation!!

Holiday World

Family Fun