Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday to Kyle (my nephew)

Last Sunday we traveled to Cayuga to celebrating my nephew Kyle's 10th b-day! We love to go visit them especially b-day parties because they are held at their church building, which has just the best facilities of any church that I have been in. My SIL, Brenda and 4 of her kids made the road trip with us along with Cassie & Connor. My van was the Girl Power van and Brenda's burb was the "Boys Rule" vehicle. Connor & Griffin absolutely LOVE to hang out with K.C. & John so I know they were on Cloud 9 to be able to ride 2 hours in the same vehicle with them.

Kyle's grandma Linda Purdy, made a "Chronicles of Narnia" cake for Kyle this year. Can I just say she is AMAZING! It is always a treat to see what creation she has come up with and the Narnia Castle was just incredible...she seems to outdo herself with each cake!
The kids have a great time playing in the church's gym. These are some pictures of friends and family who were at the party and also of the kids playing. Megan....you know has the broken foot...was playing FOOTBALL with the boys...the only girl...I don't think she understands the concept of no running or jumping....oh well I can't say that I blame her I loved playing tag football growing up too...and I couldn't keep her out of the fun! We also got to visit with my BIL, Kevin's family too, his nephew Alex, is growing and trying to walk...too sweet. Also my sis's BFF, Roz, and her kids have moved back to Indiana so it is nice to get to visit with them too! Her youngest son, Josiah is only 3 days younger than Griffin, so they were having some major 4-year-old conversations and I pretty much think they could solve all our worlds problems!
The visit always goes by so fast but we enjoy every minute of it. Then we headed out for our road trip home...We got stopped at almost ALL the Red lights coming into Terre Haute! UGH...well Chloe & Cassie were trying to convince me to let them do Chinese Fire drills...I kept telling them NO WAY on Hwy 41 right in Terre Haute that would be CRAZY...well they about had me convinced at one of the lesser busy intersections and Lo & Behold here came BIG John out of no where and slammed his face & hands up against the passenger side window, where Cassie was sitting. Needless to say he SCARED all of us to death and we all SCREAMED!
Oh my goodness I think I about had a heart attack...I'm sure he went back to the burb and had a good belly laugh at our expense...but what was even more funny is if I had said yes to the chinese fire drill he probably would have gotten nailed with Cassie opening the door! ha ha... Well the girls (cassie & chloe) did get to do their Chinese fire drills down the road...I think Chloe did 3 and Cassie did 2, Cassie backed out of the last one in Washington...not sure why??? ha ha... Oh the joys of having teenage nieces and nephews! We really did have a great time! Can't wait until the next road trip! ha ha.

0 comments:

Holiday World

Family Fun